close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One charge against shoe-bomb suspect thrown out

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

One charge against shoe-bomb suspect thrown out

Ok I just love this part

"The charge is attempting to wreck a mass transportation vehicle. The defense argued an airplane isn't a vehicle of mass transportation." I guess 200+ people is not a mass... Why cant my lawyers pull off stuff like this.

Boston-AP -- A federal judge has thrown out one of nine charges against the British citizen accused of trying to blow up a plane with plastic explosives hidden in his shoes.

The judge ruled that the charge, filed under an anti-terrorism law passed after September eleventh, doesn't apply.

The charge is attempting to wreck a mass transportation vehicle. The defense argued an airplane isn't a vehicle of mass transportation.

The other charges against Richard Reid include attempting to murder the 197 passengers and crew members aboard American Airlines Flight 63 from Paris to Miami, three days before Christmas. The flight was diverted to Boston.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. :p

2. Ok maybe a semi trailor full of immigrants. MAYBE NOT.

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Large time I checked anything that was able to move on its own power is a vehicle or is common sense lacking -- and I believe 300 passengers is mass transit lets see bus my carry 80 and its mass transit