close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One shot stop %

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 23, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

does anybody really believe in this ?
    :target: :eek: :rolleyes:

2. There is only one round that is 100% when it comes to one shot stoping power.

NUKE!

everything eles leaves room for error.

3. All guns are capable of one shot stops 22 short- .50 and everything in between. Its the shooter and the shot placement. I have seen some impressive shots over the years with diffeent calibers and I have seen terrible shots and it all goes back to the shooter.

4. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG G&G Newbie

I believe it's possible. So is winning the lottery. If my life was on the line, I wouldn't want to test the theory.

5. Does any body believe this--Naaa thats why they make hi capacity mags.

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

There's a really simple way to double your stopping power. Squeeze the trigger again...Shoot like they vote in Chicago...early and often...Boardinghouse rules though...nobody get's seconds till everybody has had firsts...

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

BIG CALIBER BETWEEN THE EYES IS A GOOD START AND ABOUT AS CLOSE AS YOUR GONNA GET.

8. AJY

AJY G&G Newbie

I saw a one shot stop and kill with 147 grain Silvertip Hollowpoint, it's shot placement along with too many other variables. Statitstics can always be skewed to favor the one you want to win.

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I thought that was funny !

:p :p :p

10. Does anybody really believe in this?

Well, I think that the Tooth Fairly is more likely to be real than some of Marshall's and Sanow's figures.

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I expect my BFR would be very close to 100%. :)

12. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Klaus, my .454 would do just as good.

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yup, the .454 is almost as powerful.

14. Klaus I don't remember you saying how your new pistol shot.--- BFR.
    You guys and your mouse guns.
    Just kidding.

15. One Eye

One Eye G&G Newbie

16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It shoots great! The big surprise was that the 405 gr. loads kicked much less than the 300s and 325s. It seems that the 405s are low power "cowboy" loads that replicate the performance of the original black powder load. I am still trying to find the optimum load for it, but all have been very accurate @ 50 yds. I will buy a few more boxes of ammo and do some 100 yd shooting next. I put one of those Hogue monogrips on it. I wanted to get a Pachmayr Gripper/Decelerator grip, but they do not seem to exist, at least for the Super Blackhawk, although they are listed. I went to 4 different gun stores, and no one could order one for me because they were unavailable.

17. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan G&G Newbie

...possibility but never certainty.

Mon

18. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Thank you Mon Bathan.........

Klaus....that's a really big gun dude!

19. You guys are not understanding how the "one shot stop" statistics are collected. I used to have a URL, but I lost it a while back. Basically, one-shot stops are situations in which a single projectile wounded a suspected perp, and the perp ceased and desisted either fleeing or resisting (or died). At least one case in the official stats involve a guy getting shot in the hand.

So, it has nothing to do with disabling or incapacitating, and only law enforcement situations are included, IIRC.

So, yes, I believe it, understanding the methodology. Does it influence what I carry for protection? Nope.