close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One Wicked Shotgun System!

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by Big Dog, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

For someone wanting to build the ultimate home defense shotgun, I found this in Numrich's "Miscellaneous" section:

Mossberg 500 "Sidewinder" 10-Round Drum Magazine Conversion Kit - "Increased Fire Power With An Awesome Tactical Look!"
    This ambidextrous 12 Gauge conversion system by Knoxx Industries offers new technology and versatility for law enforcement, competitive sport shooting and home defense. Installation is quick and easy, requiring no modification to the firearm. The Sidewinder fits all 5-shot, double-bar Mossberg pump shotguns including models 500, 590, 835, Maverick 88, New Haven 600, Western Auto 310 and Westernfield 550. Conversion parts include a black Lexan 10-round drum magazine (2 3/4" or 3" shells), 4-position black polymer Kelly grip and a blued-steel magazine tube (model 590 will require the purchase of a 5-shot barrel). Drum magazines or 6-round blued-steel box magazines are available separately. Teamed-up with a Knoxx COPstock recoil-reducing folding stock, the Sidewinder creates a truly unique and tactical firearm (ask for details).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sidewinder Conversion Kit With One 10-Round Drum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model: Mossberg 500, 835
    Item No. 765920A
    Retail Price: $189.95

:assult:

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Yep, seen 'em. You go to www.knoxx.com? On that site they say they're working on one that fits under the receiver, not just the mag tube. That's what I'm waitng for.

3. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Is one for a 870 comeing?

4. BattleRifleG3

They're developing it. It involves permanent modification to the shotgun, not a good idea in my opinion. I'm waiting for the centerfeed version myself. It would make a sweet tac shotgun... Though I don't know if I'd give it the place of my Mossberg 590... We'll see.

5. BattleRifleG3

Pics from their website:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And BattleRifle's obligatory freakish conversion. It was suggested on Gunsnet, and I think that the real advantage of this system over a tube fed pump is that you han have 10rd with as short a system as will work. Like this AOW concept:
    [​IMG]

6. MAX7.62

MAX7.62 G&G Newbie

Good Stuff! I've seen this before, just waiting till they get the 870 part ready. On the other hand, I do have a Mossy 500 sitting around - - - Hmm, sounds like a potential project! BD, Shotgun Annie may get ill at ya for reminding me!:D

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

All this was on ak-47.net yesterday...looks cool...might do it to one of my Mossys.

8. BattleRifleG3

Considering that you, LD, Tea, myself, and probably a few others are also on ak-47.net, and I see some similar posts when we're fielding certain ideas or getting info, it shouldn't be surprising. Course I think you got the idea of using gunsnet smileys from me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2004
  9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

And?...[​IMG] :eek: ;) :D

10. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    They still dont have them for sale.
    This is the latest news anbout the sidewinder Kit.

July 21st, 2003

Dear Friends:

As you are aware, we have been working to get the Sidewinder 10-round Drum Magazine Conversion Kit into our customer’s hands for some time. The process is complete. We have developed a completely new and improved version of the Sidewinder Kit that replaces the original …the Sidewinder Tactical™

The Tactical version features:
    • Single Button Magazine Release
    • Metal Reinforced Magazines
    • Stronger Action Bars
    • Improved Kelly Grip and Forend

Other new features will be announced, along with a complete line of accessories including tactical web gear and light mounts. This new version introduces true “mil-spec†quality and durability for the most rugged of applications.

The retail price for the new Sidewinder Tactical Kit is $249.95. Additional Drum Magazines retail at $99.95, with 6-round Box Magazines selling for $49.95. For existing retail and dealer orders (placed prior to 07/22/03) we will honor the old pricing. Each customer will be contacted prior to billing and shipping to confirm the order. The kits will ship complete and ready to install. Adapters are available for Mossberg 590 models and 500 or Maverick 88 models with 20-inch barrels at a nominal charge. You no longer need to buy a new barrel to install the Sidewinder Tactical.

Complete kits are expected by early September and will begin shipping shortly thereafter.
    Thanks for your patience. You’ll love the Sidewinder Tactical!

Best regards,

Larry L. Graff
    Marketing Director