close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One you regret buying

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 15, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I have a .32ACP PPK/S that I bought as an investment when I heard a rumor that Walther was considering leaving the American market because of the very real threat of a lawsuit with heavy punitive damages (like the tobacco settlement). They make a very well machined sidearm. I just wish I had used that money to buy a shotgun. Any of y'all have one you kind of regret buying ?:eek: :rolleyes: :nod:

2. JohnD

JohnD Member

Yes I had a woyoming arms 10mmauto. Just paid to much for a low grade gun. Oh well I got a new ruger k10/22 out of it so did not loose much.

3. TKH

TKH G&G Newbie

Para-Ordinance P-14. Spent way too much for an unreliable gun!

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Got screwed on a Mini14 back when I was a new cop. Had to have it. Payed way too much. Sold it for a bunch less....

5. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

A CETME it set me way back. Got it from a gun show. When I got around to shooting it I found it had a badly burred chamber it would stick every case that was fired through it. What a mess! that and $300 got me a Ruger 96/44.

6. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

A Glock 23 I bought for concealed carry. I couldn't hit a bulls ***, if where shittin* on my shoes with that gun.

7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I bought a model 31 20ga to match my model31 16ga. I didn't pay close enough attention to the fit when I picked it up in the store. After getting it home and to the range, I found I could not hit with it. Due to the poor fit I'm sure. I also startted to compare the 16 & 20 side by side. same weight, about the same shot charge 7/8 ~ 1/8 oz typically. same fixed full choke. Wait a minute!!!! I have bought the same dog gone gun! as the 20 was 2 &3/4" chamber ther was no big advantage (the bbl was a couple inches shorter) At any rate, I took it back to the gun store on consignment. ended up only losing what I paid in tax $25. Pretty little gun but too redundant.

8. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    Colt combat commander .45 I spent a year plus numerous parts to make this POS shoot, it never did! Inow have several clones but nothing that has that deadass horse on it.

Dave375

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

MY VERY FIRST GUN YEARS AGO WAS A LITTLE PUKEY .22 JENNINGS PISTOL. MAN TALK ABOUT CRAP. AT LEAST I DIDN'T PAY ALOT.

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

At first I regretted buying my little Tanfoglio single-action six-shooter (.22 Magnum western-style revolver). It shoots 2 feet high at 15 yards, and groups like a shotgun. Then it found it's true purpose in life - carpenter bee skeet with shotshells. All is well again. If you haven't tried this, it's great fun, a real challenge as the little buggers can dodge, and it helps protect the range shelter. (Not all those "bullet holes" are made by bullets!) :D

11. sitedev

sitedev G&G Newbie

Hey Big Dog,

Are you going to be at the range Saturday?

We missed you last week... and the horse flys are killing us :)

See ya there!

12. Bought a Ruber P85 9MM (fore runner of the P series) back in '90.

To this day I can't hit anything with it.....just one poor....'hurry up to the market' gun that Ruger should have spent more time to detail and craftsmanship.

I have changed barrels, changed sights....even had the receiver miked but to no avail. I had a smith look at it and he just smiled......before he gave me the bad news as he is not a Ruger fan by any means.

Anyone interested in buying it? I would destroy it (and I just might) before I knowingly sold a bad gun to anyone.

Last edited: May 16, 2002
  13. sitedev

sitedev G&G Newbie

I bought a New England Arms 10ga... took it back after shooting 10 rounds... Nice break open single shot, but OUCH!

14. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

I bought a Stoeger's .22 Luger back in the 1970's when I was young and foolish. What a piece of junk.

15. 2xTap

2xTap G&G Newbie

Had to have myself a lightweight compact .45. Traded off a perfedtly reliable, accurate as hell little Star Ultrastar for a new Taurus PT-145. 365 rounds later the frame cracked on me. Lost all confidence in the gun. Taurus replaced the frame but I sold it. They still ain't got it right yet.

Went back to buy back my Ultrastar, dealer said it was bought the following day I made the trade. Bummer!

2xTap

16. squirrelsniper

squirrelsniper G&G Newbie

Well, I have had a few guns that I regret buying. The big one was a Ruger KP85. That was a waste of money. The pistol functioned fine, but I couldn't hit a broadside elephant at five feet with that thing. I kept it about one month before it was traded for something else.

As for rifles that I regret buying, there's two of them. The biggest one was a cheap Norinco copy of the little Browning 22LR autoloader (the one with bottom ejection and buttstock-tube feed). It shot decent, when it would shoot. I tried every cleaning method known to man and a bunch of different ammo but it would jam more than it would shoot. The next rifle on the list is an AR-15. I just had to have an AR-15. Well, I got it and it shot extrememly well for an autoloader. Problem was I burnt up too much ammo and didn't have a real use for the rifle since I preferred my bolt guns for varmint hunting and a bolt gun of larger caliber for anything bigger than a varmint.

As for shotguns that I wish I hadn't bought, there's two of them. Number one was a Winchester 1300. It was fairly light weight which was handy, but it wouldn't pattern worth a crap with any choke or shell that I tried, and the 3" mags kicked harder than the 3.5" mags in my other shotguns. The next one was a Mossberg 500 riot gun with pistol grip and extended magazine. I really just wanted one because I thought they looked cool and would be fun to shoot. It was fun to shoot for the first 25rnds or so, then my amusement wore off and I had no practical use for it. Oh yeah, never buy a gun solely on the basis of "it looks cool" because once you see it every day it doesn't look so cool any more. Remember, only accurate guns are interesting for the long haul:D

17. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

Sterling .380 The rear sight blade is somewhere, it flew off for points unknown once. Before I moved I sold it to a cop for minimal $$ just to get rid of it legally. I don't know why I bought it. I never could find a holster. Yes, I have paperwork from the cop.

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I should have bought the Glock 26 9mm instead of the Sig 239 .40

19. PROBLEMS!!!!!

IN MY CASE IT IS NOT WHAT I DID BUY BUT WHAT I DIDN'T BUY. I HAVE EVERY GUN I HAVE EVER BOUGHT EXCEPT FOR THE ONES FOR XMAS OR BIRTHDAYS FOR MY KIDS THROUGH THE YEARS.

DANA

20. I am bowing my head while I am typing this but here goes...... A mas 49/56 in 308. I will never never never buy a French rifle again. The best I ever got was three shots in a row before jamming.