close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One you should have bought ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 26, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Came close to buying a beautiful Winchester .30-30 NRA commemorative. Didn't buy it, can't find one now!

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Russian SKS when they were $75.00 or so

15 or 20 of 'em

3. Hangfire

Hangfire G&G Newbie

Ruger Blackhawk 357. Someone had parkerized the finish (I liked) and the gun was pretty tight. Dealer at the show was asking $170. Didn't have the dough a the time even at that price.

hf

4. GOT AWAY

G41W

DANA

5. I shoot left handed & I've always wanted an Ithaca 37 because of the bottom eject. Well about 7 or 8 years ago I found a new Ithaca model 87(same as a 37) riot gun, parkerized, hi-viz sight, 8 shot tube for $250; went back & looked over a second time, but still didn't buy it. Went back a couple of weeks later with the money & of course it had been sold.

6. Lenny

Lenny Guest

I missed a sweet deal on a Remington 870 Marine Magnum. :(...

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I should have bought that Ruger 10/22 with the green laminated mannlicher stock I saw at the gunshow last weekend...

8. ADD A LE MAT TO MY LIST

DANA

9. NRAJOE

REAL, OR REPRODUCTION DANA?

10. NRAJOE

Ha! Check it out! Just noticed the first incarnation of Lenny2 is on this thread....ahhhhhh! The good old days! :rolleyes:

11. There were 2

One was an M-1 Garand, I-H with all the proper serial numbers etc, nearly mint condition. The guy got it from the DCM and it was a beauty!!! He wantewd 500 for it and I passed.......I have been kicking myself in the backend for years over letting a potentially 1000 dollar+ gun get away!

The other was a Ruger Redhawk, .44 with the 7 1/2 inch barrel. Never fired, NIB for 200!!! Was going fishing to a tourney the next weekend and passed on that too!!

STOOOOOPID!!!!!
    :stupid:

I will never pass on a great deal ever again!!!! I dont care if I have to eat apples and rice for two weeks because of it!

12. NRAJOE

REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUT SO IS LIFE

DANA

13. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

In the late seventies, I had the chance to get an original .44AMP Automag brand spankin' new, for $500. It's still my "Holy Grail", but nowdays they're a whole lot more expensive.

14. mrmarklin

mrmarklin G&G Newbie

Very stupidly passed on a Colt SAA in LN condition for $800. I actually thought it would be on the shelf a week later while I made my decision.

15. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

My gun buying has slowed down so much in the year + that I have been on this board. I really wish I had a god defensive shotgun.........shortest barrel lawful, etc......Maybe a 590 or a Win Defender......

16. Heavily engraved S&W model 60 that I saw at a show over 20 years ago. The most beautiful handgun I have ever seen, and I've seen a few.

17. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Here you go Dana

18. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I'll answer threads in one explanation: Wish I had gotten the G3 I saw one day at the gun show. Might have been FMP, which is a step above my Century. Not sure exactly, but didn't understand them at the time and thought it looked screwy with the thin forearm. I "had" to buy a centerfire 30 cal, so I got the Remington 710. Not a bad gun at all, but could have beat it easily with a Savage. A year later, sold it to go towards my M1. At least I got experience.

Another "wish I'd bought" was a $350 M1 Garand before I wanted one, when I thought the detachable magazine was the most important thing. Eventually got a far better one for $525, but that's a lotta dough.

What I've learned is that if you really want something, don't settle for less, save for what you want. You'll buy it eventually no matter not, might as well not spend more on it and a second choice. Unless you don't really have to have it, ever.

And don't let your ideal price be your max price. Be willing to spend more than you want to, cause you might have to to avaoid the previous mistake.

And for Pete's sake, buy lots of ammo. You're going to shoot it anyway, might as well get it in bulk and save money. Spend that extra $15 and get 200 rounds of Port 308 instead of 20 rounds of US commercial.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003