One you want but don't have yet ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:( have you seen a good firearm that needs a good home ?, Do you have plans of adopting it :p To rescue it from it's lonely existence... :rolleyes: What is it ? :assult:

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Glock 24, 6" longslide, 40S&W.
    $550 used. Waiting until I get money and turn 21, or find something I'd rather have.

Marlin 1895 Classic 45-70, curved grip, $375 like new. Chose Savage 111g in 300 Rem Ultra Mag instead.

3. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Yugo Mauser...or AK-47....torn between them...both look like they need a loveing home.

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'd really like to have a Springfield Armory M1A "White Feather" edition. Never happen though. I don't have the $3500 to drop on it.

5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I alos wouldn't mind havin gone of those Remmington 700 Senderos, but I don't know if they come w/ a left handed bolt. I shoot righty with a pistol, but am so extremely left eye dominant that I have to shoot rifles and shotguns off my left shoulder.

6. Doglips

Doglips Guest

I would like thew CZ Safarie in 458 but hard to part with the $600 for a realy big plininking rifle :)

7. BattleRifleG3

600 ain't bad at all for a 458... But when you get into ammo for it, watch the wallet shrivel.

8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    oneeastrix, no kidding you shoot all messed up like that! heheheehee-at last, now i know im not the only one!!!!!!

9. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

me i want a MA DEUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :D

10. wes

wes Guest

Just one BAR.

11. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Thompson .45 with a gee- tar case!

12. BattleRifleG3

BAR would be very, very nice.

13. I'd love to get my hands on an MG34 or MG42, with the price of 8mm as cheap as it is now, i'd get 3 or 4 cases, take it out, and destroy every junked car in my path!!!
    ahhh no that's therapy!

-Jesse

14. wes

wes Guest

Yeah 8mm,you with a mg 34 and me with a BAR,4 cases of ammo each,and we'd be out of ammo in 3 minutes. Woo Hoo.

15. Where do I start?

Howdy Logansdad,

Just one?!?!?!?!?! That aint fair!!

Really though, there is a Winchester Model 94, actually two of them, used at a local gunshop. One has the trigger type safety of old and the other is a newer gun, both very nice looking with a fair price on them. I want one for shooting & hunting, the other I want to convert to a model like John Wayne had in El Dorado. I know he most likely had an 1898, but the 94 are more prevalent, and a little cheaper to acquire.

First comes the .22 rifle. I have my eyes on a 10/22, bull barrel, laminated stock and a scope. New, with a hardshell carry case. at about 250 I dont think they are too expensive. (I didn't know Ruger sold combos)

One or two Garands. I want to buy one nice one to replace the one I had to sell a while back that used to be Dads. (Bills and life got rough, needed the dough. Still feel bad too.) I also want to pick up a Danish Garand to refinish and restore to like new. Maybe bed it for a shooter etc... I also want to pick up a Mauser, maybe one of those offetred by Mitchell's Mausers? I see Dunhams also has em...

Shotguns, lot's of em. A double barrell over under for upland birds, a couple of autos, one for Sporting clays one for Ducks.

A couple of rifles, one for paper targets at least 100yds out, a 7mm mag for big critters, and an 30'06 or 270 for run o the mill whitetails etc....

Oh yeah, I want to get a Big ***** revolver. I have my eyes on a Ruger Super RedHawk or a Taurus hand cannon. Just wanna make em all mess their drawers at the range when I touch one off...

Also, I need a mate for my 92fs Beretta Inox. I actually want to pick up a pair of Brigadeers in .40, Inox finnish and sequential serial numbers.

I am going for my CCW, so I will need a smaller pistol for carry, but not too small. Maybe a 92 compact.

Not too long a list, but a spensive one.......
    :assult: :target: :gangster: :full: :uzi: :right:

16. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Sniper, wou want the Magnum Research BFG in .45-70.

17. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

I would have to say a Browning .30 MG. Pretty cheap to shoot, and they run forever....

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I believe Klaus means the BFR (supposedly Biggest Finest Revolver...but we know what it really means...nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

19. Ooooh!

Howdy Klaus!

Yeah, that's another good one, with the 10 inch barrel!!! Gotta add that to the list!! But don't ya mean BFR? (Even though BFG is more appropriate....:right: )

BTW, where did the quote in you signature come from? It is hanging in the ol noggoin and I just can't get it out....

:p

Last edited: Sep 3, 2002
  20. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Biggest want right now? I just shot a friend's R1A1 (?) the South African version of the FN FAL - nice! I hit a small target twice out of five shots on the 110yard berm, open sighted. With my eyes, that was superb!