Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a beauty at a local pawn shop for 99 bucks, 105 out the door.
its a 1931 Tula Hex receiver with a really nice looking bore. I didn't need it, was not expecting to get it but when I picked it up out of the crate full of run of the mill Izhevsk round receivers, and 1 Tula round receiver I just fell in love with her sweet cosmoline odor and her curvy goodness. By the way guys its easier to get forgiveness than permission, just remember that and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks really good, the lands are sharp all the way out , its got a good bit of cosmoline in it but I can still see the lands very well when I shine a light through it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Tula Hex, heck why not. I'm sure that bore will clean up real nice. My Tulas are usually a little tighter as well.

As far as the purchase, I figure look at the price of SKS's now. I puchased mine for about $200 and others got them in the 80's for the current price of a MN.

Not that the MN price will skyrocket, but if anything they will make a heck of a Christmas gift to a Son, Grandson down the line. Well thats what I tell myself hehe......

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
SOG still has some nice unissued Yugo SKS's for like 329.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts