Oopsie......

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by shop tom, Sep 15, 2020.

1. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  2. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I heard he got some MIG-23's for his personal arsenal from his golf buddy over in Russia.

Ten Man and animalspooker like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Obviously, whoever writes up his ads wouldn't know a MIG if they were to trip over it. :p

Nor would I.:oops:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  4. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Big 'oopsie' deal! 99.9% of American civilians couldn't tell the difference between a Mig-29 and an AK-74 even.

However, someone on the AD Team does need a swift kick in the short pants!

Ranger4, Ten Man and jwrauch like this.
  5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I think he done it on purpose.
    he has every one with TDS so wound up about it all you hear is Trump this and Trump that.
    all they are doing is spreading his name around more.

Ten Man, blaster, chesterwin and 3 others like this.
  6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

He should make a twitter post claiming that the Ruskies paid him off with Mig fighters and AK74's...

Ten Man and TXplt like this.
  7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Yep, that pic is of Mig-29 fighters. Getting stock pics wrong is common, certainly not unique to this ad. Mistakes happen, when the ad writers don't know the subject.

Ten Man, blaster, jwrauch and 3 others like this.
  8. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

shop Tom: Sir; interesting. Some one got chomped on; I betcha

quote:
    The ad, which has since been removed, was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which is run by the Republican National Committee (RNC) and the Trump campaign. The stock image shows five soldiers in silhouette against a sunset as the three planes fly overhead.

Pierre Sprey, who helped design US Air Force planes, told Politico the jet featured in the ad is “definitely a MiG-29”, as did the director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, Ruslan Pukhov

Ten Man likes this.
  9. shop tom

Yep, surely some militarily clueless minion tasked with making a military-themed ad to make Trump look strong and patriotic. Well done, Comrade!

Ten Man, blaster and neophyte like this.
  10. eastbank

eastbank G&G Evangelist

not quite as bad as camole letting it out of the bag, harris and president biden policy. she knows biden will not last very long before he,s smelling grey hair in the old folkes home and she will accend to the office of the president.

Bigfoot, neophyte, Ten Man and 4 others like this.
  11. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I wish they would hire me for media spin.

Here would be my take if it were my job (bear in mind, this is total BS):

Spin Option 1:
    These are clearly special operations soldiers. One is carrying a Galil, one of more than 1,400 that you can find on publicly available military procurement documents. If you search online you will easily find photos of American operators using this rifle, as well as other AK pattern rifles.

The MiGs represent America's adversaries, those we fight against to preserve our freedoms

Spin Option 2: After eight years of constant war under the administration BIDEN was a part of, "Our troops" aren't just the brave American soldiers, but also those that stand beside us in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the other unnecessary conflicts the Democrats dropped us into during their mis-administration.

That picture shows coalition forces geared with their country's weapons. This poster was just one of a six part series of "Our Troops" posters. The first two posters are meant to represent some of our often forgotten allies.

Likewise the MiGs also represent allied nations; Bulgaria, India, Malaysia, Slovakia, and Poland.

The final poster of the series will represent America's troops solely. If all the posters are collected together they will form a giant banner with America at the center, and multiple aircraft from coalition forces will be represented, as well as soldiers from each of the member nations.

Trump doesn't just support our troops, he supports all the troops who support our troops.

Ranger4, neophyte and chesterwin like this.
  12. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

FWIW, some older Migs have been on the civil market for years — saw a M21 at mobile air center (the fuel dealer for mobile regional airport) in 1997. A friend owns and flies one doing the airshow circuit.

Expensive toy though.

ItstheHOFF, neophyte and Ten Man like this.
  13. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

You need very deep pockets to play with supersonic toys.

TXplt, neophyte and Ten Man like this.
  14. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Don't understand the point of this thread...................unless......it is the missing link to the Russian Probe mystery..................................................
    Shif Pants will be ecstatic .........

15. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Like all his other posts, joining with the "media" by trying to make Trump look bad.

neophyte likes this.
  16. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

In November I will cast my vote for President Trump. He isn't perfect, but I do believe he wants what's best for this Country. I could NEVER vote for the Anti-God,Anti-Gun,Anti-USA,Baby Killing Democrats. I picked up this sign yesterday.
    119617783_10217730676918431_561101420453901525_o.jpg

Bigfoot, Ranger4, neophyte and 5 others like this.
  17. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

There is a fella in Gadsden who owns a MiG 21 and a MiG 27.

I was working on the farm one day and a 21 flew over fairly low and very fast. Later that day a 27 flew over.

I knew it was either a really lame "Red Dawn" attempt or someone was getting some flight time in with their collection.

When I got done for the day I called the local airstrip. Sure enough there is a guy who collects old Russian aircraft.

neophyte likes this.
  18. shop tom

Umm, no, I don't have to do that. He is good at doing that all by himself. The point of this post is the irony of it. Sorry if it went over your head.

19. shop tom

Russain cold war tanks are fairly easy to buy.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  20. shop tom

The point of the OP is the irony of it. Look up "irony".