close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Operators Suppressor Systems

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by melloyello, Feb 24, 2018.

1. If someone knows, would you please tell me about the OSS technology between the OSS Elite and Helix operationally (not the QD series, I saw that on YouTube Shot Show 2018 coverages).

I think I have all the DB reduction, weight, length data, so I am trying to understand what the technology variation to have different model.

Dutch likes this.
  2. My OSS Helix 7.62 came in the shop today (FFL to FFL NFA transfer done).

My LGS now uses the Silencer Shop Kiosk and now longer uses the old fashioned paper method.
    We'll see how this goes.
    It does help sinse we are required to have every responsible person provide finger print, photo and background check for Trusts now.
    The Kiosk allow people from different areas to go a a local Kiosk and enter their information in remotely then it is compiled together for transmission.

Dutch and Ron Eagle Elk like this.

3. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk G&G Evangelist

I used the Silencer Shop kiosk to get my AAC 762-SD a while back. Fingerprints were done at the kiosk, photo was done with their phone app. Everything else was done on the computer. About as simple as it could be. The Silencer Shop is very efficient, the ATF, not so much.

Dutch and TACAV like this.
  4. I could not get the phone app to upload my photo. Had to download the photo to my computer then upload to Silencer Shop.

Waiting on my wife and daughter to get their parts done, unconstitutional 41F BS.

Ron Eagle Elk likes this.
  5. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The Elite line is just a bit more overbuilt for sustained full auto capability. Both the elite and the helix are both full auto rated.

Several of the Elite line cans are HEAVY... more heavy than a lot of the other comparable competition.

Both the elite and the helix both use the flow through technology vs the traditional baffles which seems to work well for lots of full auto shooting regarding the issues of increased back pressure and increased full auto cyclic rate. maybe decreasing it by 50% vs a normal baffle type suppressor.

The one biggest advantage for the OSS suppressors is if you do a lot of full auto fire.

Dutch likes this.
  6. The main reason I am getting the OSS is that I am tired of blow back in my face on my auto-loaders(mainly Kel-Tec RFB).

First purchased the Innovative Arms Deception for hunting and quickly realized how heavy it was realized when hunting. Then I purchased the Silencerco Harvester 30 for hunting, half the weight and with a muzzle brake, working awesome!

Moved Deception to my RFB, didn't care for the blow back in my face, maybe on the AR platform it'll be better. I thought I saw a video on OSS a few years ago and found this YouTube on OSS blow back so we are going to try it out! .

Also found Military Arm Channel testing RFB and OSS together, , convinced me!

7. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well when you get it, let us know how you like it.