Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,521 Posts
This order was placed on Thursday night. For 500 .41 cal 215gr swc ND they arrived to day

Always get service from this
That's great service Matt.
It amazes me that over a year into this COVID situation certain companies are doing a good job under the circumstances and other companies are still using COVID as an excuse to underperform for lengthy periods of time. Kudos to Missouri Bullet Co.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
I have always had good luck and quick service from Missouri Bullets. Those have all been handgun calibers and they shoot well too. (I have never tried any of the cast rifle bullets)

My last order, last Fall, was 2 weeks getting here, although they had posted that their backlog was much longer than that. So, I thought that was pretty good too.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
I use alot of their stuff and have had good success with them. They were backed up for awhile, but were clear about it on their website. Glad it worked out for 'ya !

I like their Hi-Tek coated Keiths.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I ordered the web site said 14 days back log.
I have been using there stuff in my wheel guns for over a year. Great products and that's what I normally get is the coated ones

Reactions: ChaZam and TXplt

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
his 44 cal ruger, colt, remington, uberti, pietta etc. black powder cap and ball revolver, or 45 colt smokeless cases.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
About 3 weeks ago, I ordered a Remington 1858 Pietta that Dixie gun works had in stock. It's the steel frame one that has a slightly oversized frame and larger grip. I ordered the fff and have found 300 caps but now need some bullets. My buddy that used to cast for me is no longer around and I have enough going on I really don't wish to cast any. I may have to just get the mold and find someone to cast for me. Thanks for the links. I'll check into them.

·
Registered
20,002 Posts
About 3 weeks ago, I ordered a Remington 1858 Pietta that Dixie gun works had in stock. It's the steel frame one that has a slightly oversized frame and larger grip. I ordered the fff and have found 300 caps but now need some bullets. My buddy that used to cast for me is no longer around and I have enough going on I really don't wish to cast any. I may have to just get the mold and find someone to cast for me. Thanks for the links. I'll check into them.
I have .451 balls in stock at the moment, which would get you by until the .454 balls come in. I wouldn't count on moulds right now unless you know someone with a used one. Every company we've talked to said the BP molds will only be made after all the reloading supply orders are caught up, and the best estimate for that is late 2022.

We have some .454 balls on order, but I have no clue when those will come in.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have .451 balls in stock at the moment, which would get you by until the .454 balls come in. I wouldn't count on moulds right now unless you know someone with a used one. Every company we've talked to said the BP molds will only be made after all the reloading supply orders are caught up, and the best estimate for that is late 2022.

We have some .454 balls on order, but I have no clue when those will come in.
Would I have to "patch" the balls or will pure lead expand enough for fair accuracy?

·
Registered
20,002 Posts
I tried buying from your company, but you were out of stock on guns.
You should have given me a call or sent an e-mail. We get them every two weeks, but they are selling out within hours or days. If there is a specific model you want, send us an e-mail and we will contact you when they come in.

To give you an idea, we received standard 1858 Remingtons two weeks ago, and sold out within 27 minutes.

1851 Sheriff models arrived a couple of weeks before that and sold out in 17 hours. The only two models that lasted more than three days in the last 18 months have been the standard .44 1851 (it lasted five days with the last one selling over last weekend) and the Josie Wales model, which is always the last thing we sell out of.

·
Registered
20,002 Posts
Ignore that question. Dumb question for a revolver.
As long as you use a wad and the grease, the .451 is fine.

That's not a dumb question, either. You can use a rolling paper wad. It doesn't affect how the ball interacts with rifling, but it does give you a tighter fit in your cylinder if that is a worry.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've got a mold in the cart at at River Ridge. Never heard of them, but great prices. Thanks
I have that Lee mold along with a dozen others and find lots of uses for it. I do single ball loads for my single actions in 45 acp and 45 Colt. I have for years also used 1 or 2 ball loads in 38, 357, 44 sp, 44 mag, 45 acp, 45 Colt, 454, and 410 shotgun (3 -4 balls in brass cases). Round balls in the bigger bores have lots of uses in addition to the front loaders.

If you buy the mold adding a lead pot makes them pretty cost effective in the world today. Those 454 balls weigh 140 grains and I can get 50 out of a $2 pound of lead, so once the pot and mold is paid for my cost is 4 cents. Buying round balls has gotten up to 15 cents or more, more than actual lead coated bullets, go figure. When I set up to cast I do enough of that one mold to last me for years.

A 140 grain ball at 1050 fps is a mild load in the 45s yet still has as much power as any 9mm and of course it starts at .454 inch diameter. For anyone who has a 45 Colt and reloads I highly recommend them. Here is a pic of some 45 acp I loaded for use in my revolvers recently, aluminum cases with small pistol primers, cases I had no other use for, now they are ammo. 45acproundball,7ccgreendot.jpg

Reactions: Ron The Legend
1 - 20 of 23 Posts