close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Osprey Scope Experience

Discussion in 'Optics' started by huffmanite, Apr 13, 2017.

1. huffmanite

huffmanite G&G Evangelist

A few weeks ago, another retired fellow range member that I've shot with for a few years or so gave me an Osprey 10-40x50 scope in its box. He was unhappy with it....it had some problems and didn't want to mess anymore with it. He tells me, for $14 or so dollars (shipping cost) you can get this scope repaired or replaced. "You don't need a receipt for it." I mounted it on one of my rifles and took it to the range a couple of times to see what was wrong with it and confirmed, YEP. the scope had a couple of problems. So, I called Osprey for how to return a scope for warranty. Lady on phone nicely gave me the info on their procedure, which required me to download a return form that was pretty basic. I listed the three problems I thought the scope had and sent the scope to Osprey via my local post office. Think it cost me $12. Around 10 days later I had a new scope delivered to my house. Model I sent in was discontinued and Osprey had sent me their newest version of a 10-40x50. This new one seems to be a nice scope. Put it on an Axis 6.5 CM rifle and have had it to range a couple of times and I've no gripes about it.......so, far.

2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wow, sounds like you scored. That's great customer service.

neophyte likes this.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Good deal!

neophyte likes this.
  4. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Awesome, nice score, thanks for the heads up :)