Oval Office Rug Quotes

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyrano, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    You probably all have read the news reports about how the Obamination decided to redecorate the Oval Office to make it look like a second-rate hotel conference room. One of the things he did was to have quotes from his heroes JFK, FDR, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Martin Luther King woven into the custom-made rug in the room.

Just one little, itsy-bitsy problem. The quote the Empty Suit from Illinois attributed to Martin Luther King - "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" - isn't original with King at all.

It was written by a Yankee abolitionist, Theodore Parker of Boston.

Martin Luther King always attributed the "moral universe" quote to Parker, as is proper and correct. But I guess Barack must have missed that memo. Oops. :footinmouth:

2. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    Haha, that's funny right there. You would think someone would have bothered to look that up before placing the order...

3. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

I can only imagine what this is costing we the tax payers.

4. O but its ok, he doesnt care what it costs us....as long as he has his rug.

5. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Its all Bushe's fault

6. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Evangelist

Like it or not, the liberals are getting what they want, Hope and Change. Too bad its the monkeys paw from the Simpsons. No matter what we wished for, the wish is accompanied with a horrible consequence.

If you think the Oval Office is bad, wait until he starts doing the yard work!

7. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Bottom line is: Big O doesn't care... it's all show....

8. dman24

dman24 G&G Newbie

I saw the change to the oval office on CNN. I thought the funniest thing about all of it was that CNN made it a point to say that the remodel didn't cost taxpayers a dime. It shouldn't cost us anything. He gets paid $400k a year by the taxpayers of the US, not to mention "private contributions." It should come out of his pocket not the US citizens, it is his office after all and the only way we will ever see it is on TV.