Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Oviedo Spain m1916 7mm, but it has the samco mia on it as well. From what I have read so far I am lost, is this a gun by Oviedo or by Samco ??? I love the gun, it was givin to me as a gift, and I want to restore it but need to know what it is. Can I get some help plz, Thank you.:(

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
Chooch,
SAMCO is the importer/vendor, the rifle was made in Oviedo, Spain. At some point, the Feds required the importers to stamp their name on the imported rifles - really PO's us collectors. They used to do it up on the muzzle end of the barrel - not so noticeable. Nowadays, they put it on the receivers where it can mess up the original markings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a rifle that looks the same (as from what I can see). Stamped OVIEDO SPAIN M1916
SAMCO MIA FL 308W
And I'm not sure what it is, or what its worth?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yours is the same rifle that was
rebarreled to .308. Really 7.62 Nato.
I've got one. Good rifle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I Just bought one as well

All the wood is a bit rough, but being stamped 308w up near the muzzle, I felt comfortable shooting the .308 rounds. I put 20 through it today without so much as a hiccup. I paid $60 for it and honestly, I'm stoked at the deal I got. I would however like to know a bit more about it. Any reference points?

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Welcome to the G&G Site Chooch. The 7mm small ring mauser made in oviedo spain plant are nice rifles. Its getting very hard to your hands on these. Unfortunately most of these rifles were used for hunting and they cut the stocks. I have three of these nice rifles and the stocks were cut when I bought them. Is difficult to find the metal and wood to make them original again. They are nice shooters though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts