close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oxford has returned to the forum after a 10 day vacation

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Ok guys what's the hottest topics I've been missing out on for the past 10 days?

Vacations are usually fun but I had withdrawl symptoms several times from the G&G.Com forum.

Klause told me not to trust anyone who spoke French but I found that not to be true. I found one in Nice who proves you're wrong? (ha)

Now I'm ready to resume my irritating comments to you on this forum...I just need to know which ones I should jump in on first. (ha)

Oxford:nod:

2. Welcome home Oxford. Hope you had a great time--I know you did. We would be glad to hear about your trip.

3. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Welcome back Oxford!

Voodel le swee la doodle le swa - I'll have a boot with cheese on it - Steve Martin.

Jump in anywhere!

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Glad to see you made it back safely. You can continue to pick on Klaus, everyone else has. Besides, I think he likes it :)

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Wheres the downloaded photos of all them skimpy dressed madamoiselles? :kinky:

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Were is OUR t-shirts?? HUMMMM I know you got us ALL something nice...I checked the mail box and no shirt, no wine, beer nothing.....I bet you spent all your time inthe British Guns shops and shows dident you?

Welcome back.

7. Oxford do you realize what you have said--Klaus was incorrect. Ben P take notice. Klaus I am just kidding of course. You are definitely smarter than the average bear.

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Here's a little bit about my southern France visit

It's great to be back on American soil. It's been tough eating all those crackers and cheese and soaking it down with all that wine. (ha)

Yes, I did enjoy visiting the coastal area area around Nice, France. In fact, I made it over to Monaco and donated 20 Euro's to their cause in about 20 minutes.

The most enjoyable sights were when I walked along the beach enjoying all the topless wonders. Couldn't believe how many sun worshipers were laying there like melted pancakes wearing only a little tanning lotion. Thanks to my extra dark sun glasses I'll admit that a few glimpses were taken as they pointed to the sun. (ha)

Otherwise, I enjoyed the ancient mountain villages which have become tourists traps. My wife shopped for junk while I usually found shady places under umbrellas and "people watched" as I tested their local wines. Now that wine was about 13% really good stuff. (ha)

All roads there are extremely crooked and very narrow as they wound up, down and around the hills. No shoulders existed...just rock walls or trees. Motorcyclists commonly passed cars on curves and seemed to be testing fate at all times.

Guns: Only found one tourist trap with any guns...all fake replicas. Gave them about two minutes of my time and walked off disgustedly.

As a Rotarian, I attended a meeting in Nice at the Meridian Hotel which overlooked the Mediterranean Sea and beach. Enjoyed their five course meal and was seated between two English speaking Frenchmen who were very helpful. They asked me to be on their program so I spoke briefly and exchanged gifts with their club president. All in all that was a great evening for me.

Sorry guys. No T-shirts this trip. Everything was about double or triple what we pay for things.
    Gas prices were about 1.12 Euro's per liter. That equates to $1.12+/- x 3.8 = $4.256/gallon.

Bottom line...after traveling back, which took over 24 hours of travel time with about 12 hours in the air, I'm ****ed glad to be on good old American soil again.

Oxford

:nod:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Welcome home!

Glad to hear your ok and journey was good!!

Take a break, I am sure you need it.

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Too bad you couldn't bring back an old Berthier 8mm. Them "Common Sense Gunlaws" got in the way again.
    Is the French Mouseland still there? I heard awhile back they were in trouble.

11. No pictures huh.-- just kidding. Welcome home.