close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oxford off the forum till July 25th. Going to France

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Ok guys...I'll save you lots of time by eliminating my comments to read for the next week and a half when my wife and I get back from the French Riveria area. We're leaving early Monday morning on a 24 hour journey just to get there.

We've had a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit an area which has lots of history to learn about. I'll be checking out the usual tourist sites but also watching out for anything on the gun collection hobby and their history.

Specifically, we'll be staying at Nice, which is on the southeastern coast of France, near Monaco. Hope to at least drive to Monaco and check out their sites but we're not much on gambling.

Their's lots of French history to view, plus the beeches are attractive to lots of tourists. Not being much on swimming, my wife and I will make it to the beach a few times but I'll be looking for shades and looking thru shades at the interesting views. (ha)

Keep those threads buzzing. Klaus will keep you on your toes so be careful what you say that you can't defend. (ha)

Oxford

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Enjoy the vacation.....but rember to remove all the ammo..brass cases and stuff from your pockets before you get to the airport.....also rember that it is considered bad taste to ask the piolt to walk a stright line or other such test. We all of course expect at least a T-shirt. :)

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Seeking creative wording/designs for French T-shirts

...and I know not to joke with the pilot or flight attendants about them being drunk. Learned that very clearly on this forum last week.

Last trip to Europe I set off the security alarm at customs with my battery operated pocket calculator. Took them a long time to find it. It was only found by the second customs agent just as I landed after traveling several hours over the ocean.

He probed everything till I was almost stripped. Finally he zeroed in on my front shirt pocket and at last was able to let other travelers start moving. This took at least five minutes of his time.

I'm requesting creative wording/designs from G&G.Com posters. Got any ideas to have stenciled on the French shirts? (ha) This could become very interesting.

Oxford:nod:

4. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Have a good time Oxford. Be sure and ask if you can fly the plane for awhile.

5. Viva La France--Have a GREAT TIME and may GOD SPEED.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

have a safe trip, and if you see any pretty young french females, drop them my number cough cough...LOL!!

Have fun!

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Chris:

I doubt if I'll see their faces through my dark shades. Thongs are more what I had in mind looking for,(ha) that is until my wife hits me on my head with her thong(shoes, that is). (Ha)

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Say la vee...(I know thats not how you spell it ... I'm spelling it redneck!) Give onea them there Maddymoyzells a big smootch for me!

9. Chris

Oxford need I say camera...ha!!

Safe trip!

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Thanks for the comments, guys. Had to make a few last posts tonight before leaving tomorrow morning at 7 a.m.

I'll be back on g&G.com 12/26/02. Stay cool and don't get into too many arguments. (ha)
    Oxford

Last edited: Jul 27, 2002
  11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Be careful around anyone who speaks French.

12. Chris

I hope he didn't mean December....:(

I thought he said a week an a half...

13. I thought he said July 25th. Must be the excitement.