close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

P-14 Mk I* gunshow pickup

Discussion in 'Enfield Rifles' started by littlejoe872, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Came across some cash after selling my 2003 Ford Focus, and what better way to spend it than at the gun show. I went to the show in Middletown, NY over the weekend, and came home with a Remington P-14 Mk I*. The rifling looks pretty good, and the stock has the usual character for a 100 year old rifle. It has a "fat boy" stock which looks like it may have had an arsenal repair near the bolt recess. Here's some pics. The last one is side by side with my Eddystone M1917.

Attached Files:

2. Bueller... Bueller...

Attached Files:

3. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I very much want one, but I keep making children and that cuts into my hobby time/money.

4. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    littlejoe872 likes this.
  5. From what I've read, Remington rifles are marked RE, Eddystone rifles are marked ERA.

TheJoker likes this.
  6. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Nice find. I would love to have both the p-17 and a p-14

7. Got the P-14 out to the range today. Shot pretty well. I shot some of my reloads, and 2 boxes of Prvi Partizan 174 gr which I can use the brass to reload. I believe a previous owner replaced the front sight blade. There's a gap in the dovetail under the front sight blade, which shouldn't be there. I ordered new one from Numrich Arms,along with a stacking swivel since it's missing one

Attached Files:

8. Here's some targets from yesterday. I had to adjust the front sight to center the POI. I had to drift the front sight way right to do that. After several rounds, the front sight actually moved due to recoil/barrel heating up. That's when I took a closer look at it and noticed I could see daylight under it in the dovetail.

Attached Files:

9. Dam I want one of them !................

10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wrap that rascal! :p

11. Roys

Roys G&G Enthusiast

Good luck finding a "P-17"

ChaZam likes this.
  12. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I agree... ;-)

13. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nice rifle though littlejoe872

14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Geez man, we did everything this last time short of setting off nuclear bombs next to our genitals, and we still had another kid.

15. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Did you hear why the black dude wore a tux to his vasectomy?

He figured he should look impotent if he was going to BE impotent.