close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

P220

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Benny, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

Hey guys, I've got a 1911A1 and love it but I was thinking about getting a P220 as well. Do you guys like 'em? hate 'em? What are their strong points and week points? Thanks for the help!

Benny

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Strong points: Light weight, great grip, extreme reliability, excellent automatic safeties, double action, smooth trigger, incredible accuracy.
    Weak points: almost as expensive as a good 1911A1, not many fiddly bits to customize, the decocking lever takes a little getting used to.

3. I second what Klaus said plus they just feel good & point naturally which helps accuracy

4. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

Thanks guys, I knew the price is a little up there but I don't mind. I just want to know that I'm getting what I pay for. Thanks again.

Benny

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I ruined one of my friends. He was a big 1911A1 fan, being a former marine. He loved his 1911. I lured him to the dark side and talked him into getting a P220. His customized 1911A1 (SA I think) is now for sale.
    BTW, Benny, did you notice that Sam Raimi directed the new Spiderman movie? I am certain Sam and Bruce will make guest appearances.

6. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

The Sig 220 is a fine firearm. The old European "heel release" versions, I've been told will take the 1911 magazine as long as it has a flat bottom. I've yet to try this, but maybe I can someday.

Jesse

7. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

The sig 220 is a good gun,but the HK USP is better...

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have to disagree on the USP. It is a fine gun, to be sure, but it seems overly wide and complicated. I checked out the police type pistols in the local gun stores, and selected the black stainless P226 in .40. The Walther P99 was a close second, followed by the Glocks (there were several models) and finally the USP. The Sig seemed to have the best grip, trigger and balance, for me. I would certainly recommend the USP over a 1911A1, but it just does not seem as refined as the other guns in it's price range. I admit this is pretty subjective, and even a .38 special derringer is way better than nothing at all, if you need it. I have many pistols, rifles, and shotguns, but, if something goes bump in the night, I grab my Sig.

9. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

Thanks again guys, Klaus... love the quote. Army of Darkness is a great cult classic!

Benny

10. I like the usp compact as a close second place to the sig, but you have to refamiliarize yourself with the safety location

11. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

i have a p220 and i love it. i miss it when i am out of town. i care for it to the point that my girlfriend might leave me. that's how much of a wonderful gun it is.

12. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

sorry, i wrote that response when i was really tired in the middle of the night. but i still meant what i said... that sig is my favorite without a doubt.

13. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

No Way ! :hmmm: