Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
50F131B0-81E4-4B37-85E9-EC42AA6A7D3C.jpeg
Wow surprised lugers have taken a dip. Have not seen one here at my LGS in some time. Bout 7 years back saw a 37 dated one on consignment for $1800! Does see like Mosins and even Jap 38 and 99 models are increasing for a while. Mentioned way back a friend paid $25 for a Type 99 in 7.7 back in 1972. If the mum is intact bringing a hell of a lot more today.
Just refurbished my grandfather’s Ariskara he brought back from New Guinea. Mum intact!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Looks nice from what I see Jaison. My friends was a hoot to shoot with those Norma rounds. Great to have an heirloom like that. Pictured Dad's bringback 98k way back. Found it in a building in a town the Germans retreated from. Thank god it was stored well.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK, back to the original P-38 I put pictures of...up. Well, I had a gentleman come in today that said he was a collector. He looked it over, head to toe and asked what my price was. I told him $600. He smiled and said, "you are way underpriced on this one." He's coming in Monday (going on vacation) and buying it if its still there. He looked at two old Hi Power 9-shot 22 revolvers and told me I was way OVER priced on those.

So I get on GB and start doing what research I can and I've come to the conclusion that I know nothing regarding P-38s. I do know that I have a Mauser version, made in '43. But that is about it. On GB, there are some going for $1200-$1500, but those usually have a holster and 2 mags. I can't imagine a holster and an additional magazine add $6-800 to the value??? Do the holsters or magazines have matching serial numbers as well?

So is there anyone here that can tell me if I have something special? I'm thinking (again) of purchasing the gun, holding it and selling it later. If you promise to help, I'll send you lots of pictures!!!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Sounds like it should be closer to $800 in value animalspooker. Most Third Reich firearms have increased in value the last few years as collectors are scoffing em up. Usually Gun Broker prices are often way up there because of bidding wars and someone "has to have it"

·
Registered
20,081 Posts
OK, back to the original P-38 I put pictures of...up. Well, I had a gentleman come in today that said he was a collector. He looked it over, head to toe and asked what my price was. I told him $600. He smiled and said, "you are way underpriced on this one." He's coming in Monday (going on vacation) and buying it if its still there. He looked at two old Hi Power 9-shot 22 revolvers and told me I was way OVER priced on those.

So I get on GB and start doing what research I can and I've come to the conclusion that I know nothing regarding P-38s. I do know that I have a Mauser version, made in '43. But that is about it. On GB, there are some going for $1200-$1500, but those usually have a holster and 2 mags. I can't imagine a holster and an additional magazine add $6-800 to the value??? Do the holsters or magazines have matching serial numbers as well?

So is there anyone here that can tell me if I have something special? I'm thinking (again) of purchasing the gun, holding it and selling it later. If you promise to help, I'll send you lots of pictures!!!
I highly recommend subscribing to the Blue Book online. People put "if I can get what I want, I'll sell it" prices on Gunbroker.

If you stick to the 80% price range on the Blue Book you are usually pretty close to what they actually go for.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts