Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Sako P75 imported by Stoeger to the US in 1978. It is a bolt action clip fed, with a 22 1/2 inch barrel one in 16 twist and a .224 bore. The Old Sako Collectors club with data from the factory showed 2 crates of 100 each P75 rifles, all chambered in .22 Hornet, were ever shipped to the USA. It came to me with I suspect a Sako scope mount and I installed a Zeiss Terra 2x7x32 with I think Millet Rings. The stock is first rate European Walnut and the action and barrel are factory floated.
Functionality: The clip is designed to hold the top cartridge at a 20 degree (or so) angle which centers the round dead center to the chamber. The clip can be easily removed and inserted without looking. The bolt is smooth and cocks on closing. The trigger is interesting. You have to take up quite a bit of slack, however, there is no spring so it quickly contacts the sear. From there the trigger crisply snaps at about 4 pounds. No complaints here just different.
Accuracy: The rifle like the 35 Grain Hornady with 13 grains of Lil Gun with and ave velocity of 3007'/Sec.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts