Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first 9mm about 2 weeks ago.. I have only put 100 rounds through it so far and I love it.. Its the Ruger P89. After just 100 rounds I realized that I will be shooting it MUCH more than I do my 20 or 12ga shotguns. But I have been told that reloading my own shells could bring the cost of my ammo down to like 15 cents or so apiece vs the $.50 or so its costing to buy the "general" stuff from the local shops... I know NOTHING about reloading other than I have to buy primers, powder, a scale, and a "press"; but have no idea what I am looking for or how to use anything I might buy.. plz help me.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
wow, what are you paying per box? at .50 cents per round thats $25 a box. i pay $10 for a box of 50 american eagle ball ammo which equals .20 cents per round. at that price if you can get it, i personally wouldn't reload.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after tax about $24.50 or so a box.. wait, $24.31 after tax, just found the receipt.. If I can find the ammo you use, I may just skip trying to reload my own. I know I did not use AE ammo this last time, but I will look for it.. Do you go to a "corporate" shop like Cabela's to buy ammo or just go to a small shop by your house?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts