PA-63 Replacement Springs

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mike the JAG, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG Guest

I got an email yesterday from Wolff. They now have power rated hammer, recoil and magazine springs for the PA-63.

2. plateshooter

plateshooter G&G Newbie

If they are the same springs that Makarov.com sells, they are well worth the money. Really cut the recoil down with the 109 gr loads, and the double action pull is now manageable.

3. FEG

FEG Guest

The Makarov.com springs transform this gun from a $100 paperweight into a nice pocket pistol (for people with larger pockets!). I now actually enjoy shooting the gun.

P.S. Mike, are you really a JAG? I was thinking of joining up for the guaranteed O-3 comission after 6-9 months, but I am not barred. Once I am barred, it is not such an attractive deal. (I didn't realize that one had to be licensed when I first started considering it).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2002
  4. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG Guest

FEG, yes I'm really a JAG, a proud graduate of the 116th Basic Course (1988) of The Judge Advocate General's School, U.S. Army, Charlottesville, Virginia.

5. FEG

FEG Guest

Is there any way that the Army can help me get barred? I was a minister for a few years, and I don't have the $ for the process. I NEED the Bar-Bri review course. I may take a job in New Mexico to establish residency, purely because their bar exam is pretty easy.

Once I have my credentials, I doubt the O-3 commission will look as attractive. Do JAGs ever get admitted to the Staff College and make a lateral move into another area (like Intelligence or staff positions)?

6. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG Guest

FEG, the JAGC doesn't pay for bar review courses. JAGs can go to the Command and General Staff Officer Course. JAGs are appointed in the JAGC and do not branch transfer. To move to another branch, you must be re-appointed. Because you wouldn't have the required military education (Office Basic Course or Officer Advanced Course) in the other branch, I doubt you could be re-appointed. I've never heard of that happening, but strange things happen. You sound like you're not sure the JAGC would be a good career move. My advice is, if you are in it for the money, don't do it. Not that the money is bad, but if that's your motivation, the military is the wrong place for you.

7. FEG

FEG Guest

Actually, I was more interested in a commission vs. the JAGC, per se. (If I was interested in law for its own sake, I would have stuck with it!) It sounds like a bad option for me, because I am actually more interested in serving my country in a line or staff appointment. Always wanted to be a G-3 (the staff position, not the rifle!).

No offense, but it sounds like a bum deal. Aren't you kind of stuck at O-3 then? Every JAG I have ever talked to has been an O-3.

8. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG Guest

You don't max out at O-3. Through some quirk of fate, I've made O-5.

9. phrayanak

phrayanak Guest

Mike,

Any recommendation on which one to order for Wolff springs? I saw their ad on their web site and it was quite confusing. Makarov.com also advertise Wolff spring.

Thanks,

Steve

10. FEG

FEG Guest

S&H is already included if you order from makarov.com. Seems like an easy decision to me.

11. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG Guest

Steve, makarov.com gives good service. If all you want is the recoil spring, ordering from them makes sense. I don't know if they carry the other springs available fro Wolff.