Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot this guy around 915 this morning used the BOB I built. 117gr interlocks I got from pilgrim. Shot bullet measured .567 and weight 96gr 20201128_100014.jpg 20201128_115415.jpg 20201128_115427.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice buck there Cooker. Well the 257 did the job. Its nice when things come all together. Now the work begins. You processing it yourself?
Ya we do. I'll let it hang till tomorrow then cut the backstraps and grind the rest. For buger,bologna, and sausage

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Wish we could hang in Virginia. Unless someone has a walk-in cooler, these warm temps are a no-go.:(

The deer processors are full up around here.
Jaison it seems the weather is not like it used to be. Years ago it got rather cold by opener day. Was at least in safe zone to hang meat a few days. I have contemplated putting a small walkin box on my property for this reason. Just a smaller like 6'x4' x 8' tall to hang deer. Also to use for fishing season. I have the evaporator coil and condenser unit. I need to get some used walk in panels and piece one together. I would cover it in form of a shed or small metal building.

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Jaison it seems the weather is not like it used to be. Years ago it got rather cold by opener day. Was at least in safe zone to hang meat a few days. I have contemplated putting a small walkin box on my property for this reason. Just a smaller like 6'x4' x 8' tall to hang deer. Also to use for fishing season. I have the evaporator coil and condenser unit. I need to get some used walk in panels and piece one together. I would cover it in form of a shed or small metal building.
We took down an old walk-in this summer. Was seriously considering the same thing, but the metal got scrapped.

I was going hunting today, but the temps are 70. Freezer is full and nowhere to put the meat. Wouldn’t be an issue if we had 40s right now and even cooler at night.

·
Registered
11,106 Posts
10 bags of ice in a kiddie pool will cool down a garage more than you'd believe.

I used 20 and 2 pools to cool down an enclosed pavilion for my daughters wedding
it was about 90 sumthin outside and we had about 50 people inside and it was easily 30-F cooler.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My shot was about 65-70 yards the deer was quartering away bullet entered behind the last rib on right side bullet was recovered underhid at the left shoulder

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Good shootin cooker. Miss those times down in Westfield near Potter County. Got a couple with my 700. Weather not very good for Mon-Tues this coming week in Ma. Got my spot picked out anyway. Doe tag is ready too. My Winny 12 gauge will have to do here. Be great to bag one before Xmas. My best to you and family.

·
<------------<<<-
3,864 Posts
My shot was about 65-70 yards the deer was quartering away bullet entered behind the last rib on right side bullet was recovered underhid at the left shoulder
I was thinking it was a quartering shot. I’ve never recovered a bullet, but I’ve also never taken a hard quartering shot. Nice find.

Out of my own curiosity, did that shot rip up any guts?

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was thinking it was a quartering shot. I’ve never recovered a bullet, but I’ve also never taken a hard quartering shot. Nice find.

Out of my own curiosity, did that shot rip up any guts?
Yes it did the guts the liver and one lung
This only the second but I've recovered in 32 years

1 - 20 of 29 Posts