Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Democrats in Pennsylvania are putting Governor Ed Rendell on notice by sending a public letter to House Democratic leaders. The letter, by 22 Democrats, says they will not put up any votes on gun control legislation.

State Representative Nick Kotik, of Allegheny County, told the House leadership about gun control, "These are not priorities with me, and they're not priorities with a lot of my colleagues."

So will Ed Rendell, who's been pushing for the state legislature to pass a gun control package, listen to his fellow Democrats?

I'm not going to hold my breath. It seems Governor Rendell is determined to get gun control one way or another, instead of taking steps to seriously address Philadelphia's violent crime problem. Steps that really work, like putting more cops on the street, more prosecutors in the courtroom, and more violent criminals behind bars ... for a long, long time.

More...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Hmm. I won't go so far as to call it a grass-roots revolt by rank-and-file Democratic legislators in Pennsylvania, but it does seem to show at least a few of them have taken a nickel and gotten themselves a clue: gun control laws do not work against criminals.

Now, if this becomes a national trend across the country at the state level, perhaps the morons in Congress like Pelosi and McCarthy will get a clue as well, that their position is idiotic and counterproductive, as well as unconstitutional.

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Ed Rendell is a lifelong enemy of gun rights. He had to tone down the issue of gun control during his campaign to get elected in PA. It is in his political DNA to revive the gun control debate.

·
Pheasant Hunter
6,185 Posts
Fast eddie needs to retire! have not seen jack squat from him, except trouble.
He will be one of the first patrons at a public restaurant that might get rejected for being to obese. Did ya hear that new proposal? It's another dandy that the government wants to enforce. Here it goes... Eddie and his wife may sit down at there favorite restaurant and the waitress will ask him,or someone will ask him where is your fat index card? I am sorry eddie you don't have one ,we can't serve you. You could step back here in the private room while we give you the test and if you pass then you may order and eat.

Just heard this one this morning. And to answer one your questions. Will Ed Rendell listen to his fellow Democrats......Nope not a chance...........

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
why don't these politicians just retire! take their wives and boy friends and just go somewhere with their money buy a bunch of drugs and just go OD some where!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts