close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PA Strays...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Mar 17, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

Is it legal to do anything about stray cats and such if they enter private property? What if they start messing with your pets or farm animals?

2. Where are you at?Here in Mo. we call them movings targets.My 10-22 does a real nice job.People should be responsible for their pet's.If they are feral,all they do is kill game animals,squirrels,quail,rabbits and so on.:mad:

3. BattleRifleG3

I'd love to have a cat pelt hanging on my dorm room wall...

4. Ask me how to microwave cats for fun and profit!

5. Re: Stray cats

In Iowa, a cat xx number of yards from the barnyard is considered feral and is fair prey regardless of the time of year. No season on them. I think it is 100 or 150 yards, but who's counting, hee hee hee.

6. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

If you can shoot one off the hood of your truck without a scracth you get extra points. As an added bonus no more unsightly paw prints.

7. tonto

tonto G&G Newbie

I'd gut shoot 'em that way they go home to die. Sends a message too!

8. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    I believe that the Pennsylvania Game Comminsion past a law a few years ago that was on the lines of any cat that was out in the wild was fair game because they are pretty hard on the rabbits. So I believe you can do whatever you want with them.

9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Saw on the news awhile back that a guy got prison time for offing 3 kittens. Three counts of cruelty to animals. Got to be careful bagging "cute&fuzzies". A Red Rider from Wallymart does the trick, and is quiet, too.
    Unfortunately, there's no fence that'll keep a cat out. That's what dogs are for.

10. ottos

ottos G&G Newbie

At one time the cats got so thick at the ranch in WY I took my pump remington 20 gauge with 7 shot. Just like clay pigeons throw them up see if you can hit them before they hit the ground.

As long as no one finds out anything is legal.

Ps. for dog problems try hamburger with alcelser tablets or how ever you spell it. Just like ballons

11. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    Prestone seems to work well also

12. Come on fellas, you are starting to sound just a little bit cruel.I mean look at it this way, there is two sides to every issue. You just have to remember, big cats scratch, but a little ***** never hurts any-one!!

13. ottos

ottos G&G Newbie

I say if an animal cause you problems quite a few times show them the door. Like when neighbors dogs kill your livestock. Shoot them and dissaper them.

14. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

Poisoning is a lousy idea, period, because you can't control what gets poisoned. It's also a slow, agonizing death, and while this may be OK for Enron executives, it just ain't cool for animals.

If your neighbor's dog or cat is killing livestock, consider trying to live trap them if possible and calling animal control... the owner gets a ticket and a fine. If you catch them killing your livestock, shoot the dog or cat and then sue the neighbor for damages and "emotional distress." It's too bad that the animal has to pay the price for the owner being stupid, but that's reality. Once a dog kills, it's all over... they head straight back to being feral.

But please, DON'T poison.

15. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Don't use a BB or Pellet Rifle...all it does is educates them to be more wary and avoid being seen, then you have a real problem.

16. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    After a lot of complaints to animal control, then the cops. The cops said, YES, the cops said handle it your own way just don't do anything stupid and get caught.
    'Nuff said.

17. TALL TAIL

BACK IN THE 40'S I HAD TROUBLE WITH CATS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND WOULD CATCH THEM A DUNK THEIR TAILS IN TURPENTINE. EVERY TIME THEY PUT UP THEIR TAILS THEY WERE OFF AGAIN. NOT GOOD BUT WAS EFFECTIVE. TODAY I WOULD LIVE TRAP AND TRANSPORT SOMEWHERE ELSE. STILL NOT THE THIING TO DO

18. Turpentine works on the cat, but don't teach the owner nothing. Neighbours cat kept tormenting my parents cat in his enclosed run, as well as sitting on dad's new car and scrathing it up. Spraying it with a water hose, grand kids slingshots, nothing made a difference. Complaints fell on deaf ears.
    Trapping did no good 'cuz in my home town theres a fine for dogs at large but not cats. The neighbour would just go pick it up @ the pound, and the messs started over.
    The neighbour had a pet door so the cat came and went as it pleased. They also happened to have thick, pure white shag carpet throughout the house.
    With this in mind, Dad put a can of rancid tuna on a piece of cardboard carefully wet in the middle. This was placed on top of a container of used oil.Cat went for the tuna came out black, wet, and sticky, ran home to the white rugs!
    Used oil don't come out of white shag very well, and the cat never came out of the house, without a leash. The pet door got nailed shut as well.
    They did complain and want Dad to pay damages, but according to the law you can store oil, etc, any safe place you want on your own property.
    Try it, the cat and owners both learn.:)

19. JohnD

JohnD Member

Yes that should do the trick but it aint good for the cat because they would try to clean the oil off with there mouth and would eat a bit. #4 buck out of a 12gage should take care of the things if you are out in the country and you would not have to worry about the body either because there would be a pile of goo if you were within 10yards of the thing when you shoot.

I do not agree with torturing any animal even varmin like rats but I will shoot them for fun.

anybody use a co2 powered air rifle? You have no use for the empty 12gram steel casings? Do you shoot black powder guns? If your answers are yes to all of the questions you could make some over sized fire crackers with the co2 canisters. If you have canon fuse you could light it and throw the cats. Do not throw near anything valable since shrapnell will go everywhere and it is lethal so do not kill yourself if you dare to try this, duck behind somthing 50 yards away from your intended target and I would prefer using an electrical detonator and not a fuse because it will kill you or blow your hand off. I do not think it is leagal so do not get caught. I take no responsibility for your actions this is ment only for informational reasons.

20. BattleRifleG3

I'd still like to have a cat pelt on my dorm room wall...