Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across these guys while meandering around the net last night.
30-06 M1 M2 Ball USGI Surplus Ammunition

I have never heard of anyone talk about this place and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I have plenty of M2 right now but I was curios. Also on the sight they have some M2 AP but on the listing it states no sales of AP ammo to Conneticut!

Michael

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Never dealt with them, but I'm interested in the 500 tracer tips for $48 though.

·
God, Guns, Glory
33,988 Posts
Well I guess us Alaskans, are screwed again!

*** READ "Ordering info" BEFORE ordering! ***

... You want Ammo, we REQUIRE ID!!!

**NO AMMO SALES to: MA; New York City; HI, AK, Washington DC, Annapolis-Maryland; Cook County, Illinois (FOID copy required for other IL areas). California-NO Sales/deliveries to: Los Angelas County; Cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA. Orders from questionable CA locations WILL be cancelled!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I purchased an SA op rod from them a while back. No complaints

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I've never seen 50. cal. ammo cans sold for such ludicrous prices. Amazing.

The actual 30-06 ammo inside the cans is also high. The sellers seem to believe that the combination is very rare, or do they sell much?

How much of that was recently bought at the CMP and inflated for a profit, as with most ammo at "Gunporker"?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Umm

I've never seen 50. cal. ammo cans sold for such ludicrous prices. Amazing.

The actual 30-06 ammo inside the cans is also high. The sellers seem to believe that the combination is very rare, or do they sell much?

How much of that was recently bought at the CMP and inflated for a profit, as with most ammo at "Gunporker"?

I feel like no one has answered the question on if the ammo sales are Reliable.

At the same time the prices are not that expensive they have a 50cal ammo can with 400 rounds for $265. subtract the $15 for the ammo can and we are at $250 for 400rds this equals 62.5cents/round. Not that crazy of a price. Yes more expensive then CMP but EVERYTHING is more expensive then CMP

·
mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
I stumbled onto there site a few months ago and have since placed several orders through them with out any problems.Fast shipping and fair prices as far as I'm concerned.
They seem to be the only ones other than the CMP,for which I haven't gotten to do any business with them yet,not sure I want to after reading several post about how long it takes to get things through them.And I don't really want to go through the process involved in order to be able to buy from them.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
If you can get 50 cal for that price, you better buy it all. going price for them is 3-5 bucks each.
I believe they're talking about .30 cal ammo packed in .50 cal cans.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
I stumbled onto there site a few months ago and have since placed several orders through them with out any problems.Fast shipping and fair prices as far as I'm concerned.
They seem to be the only ones other than the CMP,for which I haven't gotten to do any business with them yet,not sure I want to after reading several post about how long it takes to get things through them.And I don't really want to go through the process involved in order to be able to buy from them.
You need to do some more research about the CMP! For one thing, it's not a retail business to make a profit, it's more of a clearing house for surplus rifles and ammunition, the proceeds of which are used to promote civilian marksmanship programs, matches, teaching kids how to shoot, etc.

If you prefer to deal with a retail business that will be Johnny-on-the-spot with shipping and are willing to pay the premium to just stuff another businessman's pocket, then go ahead. Dealing with the CMP is a way to help promote our sport, and get a piece of the stuff that Uncle Sam would otherwise throw away or destroy. And the qualification process is really no obstacle at all.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts

Ammo is shipping in about 3 weeks.

·
mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
You need to do some more research about the CMP! For one thing, it's not a retail business to make a profit, it's more of a clearing house for surplus rifles and ammunition, the proceeds of which are used to promote civilian marksmanship programs, matches, teaching kids how to shoot, etc.

If you prefer to deal with a retail business that will be Johnny-on-the-spot with shipping and are willing to pay the premium to just stuff another businessman's pocket, then go ahead. Dealing with the CMP is a way to help promote our sport, and get a piece of the stuff that Uncle Sam would otherwise throw away or destroy. And the qualification process is really no obstacle at all.
Sorry to get you fired up rondog,I don't have anything against them,I'm just not a very patient person when it comes to ordering things.As far as checking into the CMP,I have and I think it is a great organization,I just don't feel that having to prove that I know how to handle a gun and that I have to belong to an organization so I can buy from them.Besides,aren't the guns and ammo they get are already paid for by the American tax payer any way?
I'm all for teaching children the safe and exciting sport of hunting and shooting.
Once again,sorry if I hit a sore spot with you,it was not my intention.
Jason M

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Sorry to get you fired up rondog,I don't have anything against them,I'm just not a very patient person when it comes to ordering things.As far as checking into the CMP,I have and I think it is a great organization,I just don't feel that having to prove that I know how to handle a gun and that I have to belong to an organization so I can buy from them.Besides,aren't the guns and ammo they get are already paid for by the American tax payer any way?
I'm all for teaching children the safe and exciting sport of hunting and shooting.
Once again,sorry if I hit a sore spot with you,it was not my intention.
Jason M
The ammo the CMP sells now was purchased by them from Greece. As far as the surplus rifles are concerned, it was either the CMP or "Captain Crunch". Sick Willie tried to scrap them anyway, but an outcry by citizens, a good number of them CMP customers and affiliated clubs to the Congress saved them. It would have also cost a fair bit to dispose of the "hazardous" USGI surplus ammo had the CMP not acquired it for sale to us.

HTH

Dave

·
mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
Well after reading these post,I'll probably start the process to get in with the CMP.
I already have an NRA membership and am going to join the Garand Collectors Association(they are recognized by the CMP).The next step is to join a gun club that is also recognized by them as well.I will keep you guys updated.
Thanks for enlightening me.:usa2::)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The GCA fullfills the club portion or requirements. You dont need to join another club unless you are doing this to fullfill the firearms portion

·
mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
The GCA fullfills the club portion or requirements. You dont need to join another club unless you are doing this to fullfill the firearms portion
Not sure if I'll buy firearms from them as I would like to see more of other peoples guns that they have bought through them.

So you're sure that after joining the GCA,that I'll be able to get ammo from them?
I sent them A copy of my 03 FFL last year thinking that would be enough,but when I called to see if they got it they said they did but I still had to fulfill other aspects.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts