painting a synthetic stock

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by fratri, May 18, 2008.

1. fratri

fratri Guest

Does anyone have any info/website that might help me figure out how to camo/paint my stevens 270 synthetic stock..... thanks

2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
  3. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Like this?

DSC08221.JPG

DSC08222.JPG

DSC08223.JPG

4. Zen900

Zen900 Guest

Krylon makes a spray plastic primer that will let anything stick to your Stevens tupperware. After it's primed you can use whatever you want. Ktylon also sells camo spray paint..

5. Legba

Legba G&G Newbie

This is what I did with my Stevens 200 22-250 I got Krylon paint from Wal Mart and painted mine. I have painted it several times. I get tired of the color and just paint it again. Works good.

Attached Files:

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Doesn't someone make a camo stenciling system?

7. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Ferns & Ivy & Fusion Paint

Allot of what I use is Krylon "Fusion" spray paint for plastics & whatever ya got growing around your place hold over and spray"ferns, willow branches,rubarb leaves etc", do that several times with different colors and it works well For barrels I use Header paint fron the Napa section the stuff that takes 7 day's to cure, one can alwase use paint stripper later! I use Boiled Linseed oil on bare blued stuff to fend off the every day scuffs and bumps, just dab some on to touch up once in awhile, I use Turpintine & linseed oil inside the wood stocks several coats
    especially in the action areas,