Pair arrested for walking home naked

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Pair arrested for walking home naked

By Dan Scanlan
    Times-Union staff writer

Two Jacksonville men who told police they decided to walk home from a Southside restaurant naked on a bet were arrested early Friday.

The men, ages 25 and 31, were arrested on misdemeanor charges of indecent exposure and disorderly intoxication after police said they found the pair walking in the 6000 block of Gate Parkway without a stitch of clothing on.

The two men were apparently walking back to their apartment in the 10900 block of Burnt Mill Road at 12:15 a.m. when a passing motorist notified police. An officer found the pair at 1 a.m.

According to police, the pair made a bet "to see who would walk home naked" from a restaurant on Southside Boulevard.

The two men were booked into the Duval County jail Saturday morning, and were released on bond shortly before 7 p.m. the next day, police said.

Staff writer Dan Scanlan can be reached at (904) 359-4549 or via e-mail at dscanlanjacksonville.com

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I hope they weren't holding hands or anything!:eek:

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

No big deal in sunny Florida. I'd like to hear of this being done in Alaska. That would be news worthy (on a slow day, anyway!).

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I'd like to see that too, real cold out they'd wind up looking like a nekkid G.I. Joe doll...anatomicaly incorrect! :eek:

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Some guys will do anything for attention. Mainly, they were probably too drunk to use their brains. It takes some people longer than others to wise up. However, these "kids" will have something to tell their grandkids about...how stupid they acted, that is.
    Oxford
    :D :nod:

6. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    1*,
    were these guys in your band?

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Hey...those could be the long lost "naked jaybirds". Woops...change that to the naked jailbirds.:D :nod: