close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Para Ordnance Barrel Question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GunGeek, Apr 7, 2002.

1. GunGeek

GunGeek G&G Newbie

PA
    My dad recently bought me a para ordnance P-14 .45 as an early 21st birthday gift. I was wondering if the barrel is the plain normal regular barrel or if it is a match barrel. does anyone know if there is a differance and how to tell.

2. GunGeek, Actually, Para advertises all their barrels as "Match Quality". I have found them to be decent barrels, and as with many stock factory barrels, capable of better accuracy than most shooters. I have found in the past that they did have some offset crowns on many of their barrels (which they seem to have cured). As to whether they are different than most factory barrels from Colt, Springfield etc. in quality I don't believe so. I would define a "match barrel" as one made oversize in several areas to enable fitting to each specific weapon, and normally they would be "short chambered" so that the gunsmith can finish the chamber when the barrel has been final fitted to the gun. In addition, most of the aftermarket barrel mfrs. will typically try to hold tighter tolerances in the manufacturing process. Hope this helps.