close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranoia

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: Up on my soapbox again...:p We all know guys who won't join the NRA because by their reasoning "When they (small arms) are outlawed the first place they will go to get a list of small arms owners is the NRA...I don't want my name on that list" these are the same idiots that say "I'd vote Libertarian if they could get more than five percent of the vote" :mad: :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod: :assult:

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    yeah, that's silly. I do know a few people who support the NRA and don't own a gun. Besides, they have a lot of yellow paper to track people on.

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I'm on everybody's s***list,one more aint gonna hurt.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Two days ago I Got in a mild argument with an older man who seen my NRA hat that I was wearing.He told me about the guns he has and how much he used to hunt. Then he looked at my hat and said that he doesn't have much use for the NRA because their too "political"! I was amazed by this and asked him what he meant. He said that the NRA wastes too much time and money in Washington and that they fight the wrong battles. He told me that he has no use for AK47's and no one else should either. I told him that you cannot let them ban any gun because eventually they will come for all of them. I then told him,yes the NRA is political and must be in this day and age.They must get their message out and be heard and get candidates in office that support the 2nd amendment.He could not believe that I was "stupid enough" to think that our government would disarm us,he said that this would never happen and I was just being "paranoid"! He had the mentality that the NRA was just a social club and should stay out of political affairs.I looked at him with pity and sorrow and told him he was wrong and I was ashamed that him as a gunowner would think and say thse things. He got all huffy and got up and stomped out muttering to himself. A good conversation went bad.

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Nice try Joe, it's the clueless that are going to cost us everything.

6. NRAJOE

80 MILLION gunowners and only 4.5 mill fighting the fight. Can you imagine the clout we'd have with all those people?

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Can you imagine. It would be like fantasy island. A voter pool of 70 million gun owners deciding the political future of America. Only in our dreams. I wish they would wake up!

8. NRA or not if anyone has ever bought a firearm through a FFL dealer then you are on that paper trail.

9. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

JOE 50$ says that guy votes democrat! Older was he SS age older? then its a 100$ says he votes democrat.

10. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Nice try JOE,
    Some of these types are impossible to try to talk to. kind of like trying to change a gay guy by dangleing a hot blonde in front of him.

11. NRAJOE

He was like 70-75 yrs old. Didn't ask how he voted,when we started talking I assumed he was a Rep. but as the convo deteriorated I was too flabbergasted to ask him as he went storming out. Kind of childish for a man his age!

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

sounds like one of those guys that still thinks the Democraps represent the blue collar working man...

13. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Some people just dont understand things. My boss is anti gun...but then says he affraid of crime..hate crimes ect...but does not think people need firearms to protect themselves...police will do it. I am always amazed at people who are only partial pro 2nd ammendment... shotgun ok AK bad mentality. The aint gona call it a deer rifle..they will call it a "sniper" rifle. then ban it.
    As for not joing because of getting on list...welp in the modern age of computers YOU ARE ON A LIST..you buy ammo with a check or debit/credit card..list.....read a pro gun web site..on a list. ME I know Im on so many list that Id have to changeing my name to "Camle Lips" and signing up for flight school to get on any new ones.... :)