close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

paratrooper

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AR-tim, Mar 24, 2002.

1. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    How much should an M1 carbine "paratrooper" sell for? I am talking about the ones with the folding metal stocks. Or can I buy an M1 carbine and find those stocks for sale somewhere and put it on? Any recomendations on which manufacturer to look into buying? I am thinking about buying one, thanks

2. The M1-A1 ( paratrooper) carbines were made only by Inland Div of General Motors. An M1-A1 carbine in very good condition can bring as much as $2000 - $2500. These are highly sought after and bring a premium.

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Folding stock

Installing a folding stock on a semi-auto rifle that didn't have one before Sept 1994 is a violation of the stupid crime bill. Wait till 2004, when the ban is set to expire, and make sure it does (vote, write legislators, etc.)

Also, be mindful of the civilian off-brand carbines. A friend of mine got a Universal with a folding stock for $350, then the mag well cracked.

4. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Wouldn't putting a folding stock on a "pre-ban" M-1 carbine be legal? I thought if the gun was made after the bill, you couldn't put it on. I've seen some M-1 carbines(WWII issue or close to that age) at gun shows for around $500 in clean condition and thought if I bought one, I could put a folding stock on-to make it look like a paratrooper one. Do they even still sell folding stocks for M-1 carbines anymore?
    -Thanks