Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you look at a Pardner Pump 12 ga and a Remington 870 12 ga. pump they are identical as you all probably know, so here my question. 1) will 870 parts and mods work on a Pardner Pump, I would imagine they would. 2) if not where can i buy aftermarket parts to mod out the Pardner Pump. Reason I ask is cause I would like to change my stock buttstock to a pistol grip buttstock. NOT JUST A PISTOL GRIP. Also I would to put a hard plastic 5 shot holder to mount on it as well, if you all know what i talking about. Thanks for the help ya'll.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
they do change out. i did change the stock on my buddies pardner with 870 parts. amazon has some great prices and free shipping usually

·
Registered
390 Posts
(whisper mode) I think so; H & R is being built in the same facility as Remington. Hmm, check this out;
Harrington & Richardson Pardner NPI2C8 12-Gauge Pump Shotgun, $200

I did buy a Pistol Grip Stock for my Norinco 98 12 ga. I had heard the deal about the 870 and the 98 being too much alike, so I tried it out and no issue with the stock. The only issue I did have was the 870 style saddle style scope mount mounting bolts were a bit tight; tight to the point of me shaving a bit of the opening on both sides of the mount by a milimeter on both sides. Yours has the "hump back"?

Looking at the reports at the above site; re "not American" H & R is being made in Ilion NY. Rest assured.

H & R website has a Owners Manual if you don't already have one.
http://www.hr1871.com/documents/manuals/NEF_Pard_Pump_Manual.pdf

·
Registered
215 Posts
(whisper mode) I think so; H & R is being built in the same facility as Remington. Hmm, check this out;
Harrington & Richardson Pardner NPI2C8 12-Gauge Pump Shotgun, $200

I did buy a Pistol Grip Stock for my Norinco 98 12 ga. I had heard the deal about the 870 and the 98 being too much alike, so I tried it out and no issue with the stock. The only issue I did have was the 870 style saddle style scope mount mounting bolts were a bit tight; tight to the point of me shaving a bit of the opening on both sides of the mount by a milimeter on both sides. Yours has the "hump back"?

Looking at the reports at the above site; re "not American" H & R is being made in Ilion NY. Rest assured.

H & R website has a Owners Manual if you don't already have one.
http://www.hr1871.com/documents/manuals/NEF_Pard_Pump_Manual.pdf
H&R makes everything else in Illion EXCEPT the Pardner Pump. They're made in China. Had I realized that, I'd never have bought one. Not that it's not a great gun for the price. It is. I just try to keep our U.S. Dollars at home.

Pete

·
Registered
390 Posts
I hear ya. It really is so hard to find anything that is Made in the USA on the stuff that we want and need.
Working at the tool department at Sears was kinda cool- at first. Everything that was Craftsman and had a motor on it was Chinese. I made it a point of looking. Dewalt was Chinese on the ones I looked at. Hitachi was Japanese. Hand tools were US thankfully, hence the Lifetime warrenty.
Similar Topic​
Oddly enough the same vendor that made our screwdrivers made them for Lowes and Home Depot as well as the "Champion" Sears brand. Champion is the same Quality- just no warranty.
I forgot if it was Lowes or HD offered an exchange on any of the competing brands. Once you did that you were "locked in". I always liked the way Craftsman tools felt in your hand, and appearance. (Personal Preferance- I intend on offending no-one.) I asked, at HD, how to return a hand tool in 2006. I got several differant answers, but now were as simple as Craftsman.

But anyway...​
I got cha and I admit I didn't know this. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you look at a Pardner Pump 12 ga and a Remington 870 12 ga. pump they are identical as you all probably know, so here my question. 1) will 870 parts and mods work on a Pardner Pump, I would imagine they would. 2) if not where can i buy aftermarket parts to mod out the Pardner Pump. Reason I ask is cause I would like to change my stock buttstock to a pistol grip buttstock. NOT JUST A PISTOL GRIP. Also I would to put a hard plastic 5 shot holder to mount on it as well, if you all know what i talking about. Thanks for the help ya'll.
Sorry to jump in the middle of your conversation,but just found this sight.Blackhawk has a really well made 6 position stock and forend package.Just get the one for Rem. 870,it's a perfect fit around $70.As for mountable lights,Nebo/Protec is 110 lumen,magazine tube mount,has 4 modes,light only,light&laser,laser only,& strobe.Around $45.If you have Walmart nearby,go nuts!!!!Picked up a 12 gauge at a local pawn shop,like new for $150 then hit Walmart wide open.Now have awesome HD gun for about $275 & it eats anything you feed it!

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
According to the opwners manual most Remington 870 parts will except the barrels,odd. :hmmm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts