Parker Hale 30-06 Safari

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by KeithHuntsNow, Aug 18, 2010.

1. KeithHuntsNow

KeithHuntsNow G&G Newbie

I am looking for info on this gun. It is a Parker Hale 30-06 Safari. Any information would be greatly appreciated. It has a detachable mag.

Attached Files:

2. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

They were fabricated originally in England,virtually a sporterized (as oposed to custom) K98 Mauser action in (I believe) 11 different chamberings.I believe it was about 1991 that Lee Navy bought them and started fabricating (as oposed to manufacturing) them under the name "Gibbs Rifle" in West (by GOD) Virginia.I believe they made them until sometime in '94. The ones I have seen and shot were well put togather and smooth,efficient sporterized K98 Mauser action rifles.The wood was decent but not exceptional.Fit and finish was good but not outstanding.Even the .308win/.220-250 types were the standard length Mauser bolt.They run from $300 to $500 depending on shape.If you either post pictures of proof marks,describe,or possibly post #,s someone like Mooseman can give more details and whether fab,ed in England or US.They are a well built sporterized (K98 Mauser action) rifle meant for one thing,to use. ,,,sam.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010

3. KeithHuntsNow

KeithHuntsNow G&G Newbie

Z-43### with a BNP above it with a little Crown (i think its a crown) it also says Birmingham England on the barrel.

4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

That would be the English version of the PH,fabricated in England before 1991. ,,,sam.

5. KeithHuntsNow

KeithHuntsNow G&G Newbie

Is there anyway i can find out what exact year this one was made? There is such limited info on these guns i was wondering if you know of any other place i could research it?

6. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie