Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found it in the local pawn shop-it has a monte carlo stock & no bayo, instead there is a cleaning rod. i was wondering if it would be worth buying. is this a good used price?

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's the going price anymore around where I live. A couple of years back I was picking them up for $100. You can get bayonets for cheap at gun shows. I'm sure they (the pawn shop) will bargain down on it if you show some genuine interest. I'd offer them $150 and see where it goes from there. Sometimes they bite, sometimes they don't. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
its not a screamly good deal but not bad at all. theres a original stock for sale on gunbroker for $35 right now and i see the bayos as gun shows all the time for $4-$7 with this in mind id call it a fair price or even a good deal depending on wear you live. this is all asumeing that the bore and everything are in good shape.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seeing that ill probably be doing business with them again i might try and haggle with them on 2 guns. the have a Saiga .308 i talked down to $400, mabey if i can talk him into $500 for the Norinco and the Saiga he'd bite. lets hope so...ill probably go back later today or tomarrow...we'll see waht he says.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Look at the price tag and post the sequence of letters you see on it and I will tell you how much they have in it...:)

Handy skill to have when hitting the pawn shops...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at the price tag and post the sequence of letters you see on it and I will tell you how much they have in it...:)

Handy skill to have when hitting the pawn shops...
I'm not getting this...what do you mean when you say "I will tell you how much they have in it"?

·
Registered
412 Posts
The pawn shops use a code in their numbering on the price tags (usually) that the salesperson can look at and figure out how much he can bargain down the asking price based on how much they bought the gun for.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pawn shops use a code in their numbering on the price tags (usually) that the salesperson can look at and figure out how much he can bargain down the asking price based on how much they bought the gun for.
FRICKIN SWEET!!! ill have to jot both of them down, i really want that Saiga, going to make a Saginuov out of it if i buy it. the Norinco would just be nice to have since i have a Tapco T-6 Yugo. id like to know how this works!!! ill go back there later tonight to "show a friend" the guns, ill then post the numbers around 6p.m. central time. any links on how to do this my friend?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I've got a friend that owns a Pawn and Gun shop and he sometimes has a few Mil-surp's
I've noticed he over prices them compared to the prices you see on the net.
So maybe that Norineco can be negociated down. At least try too...A.H

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, i got the book number and another number that was below it...im not sure what it was for, cant recall. just thought id add that too if it helps any.

Saiga .308:
Item #-15832
other #-067N

Norinco SKS:
Item #-16001
other #-117PA

please let me know anything you've got on these, THANKS!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts