Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone's in the market, I am going through my stuff and by this weekend I'll have a list of firearms, knives and stuff that I'm going to part with.
I will be letting go of my Marlin guide gun (original version) and all the ammo & brass
My AR pistol
Maybe my home built AR carbine
Maybe Colt LE6930 carbine w/Stiener optic
Whichever one of the two carbines goes first, I'll keep the remainder
Finn M39 rifle
S&W revolvers
Possibly a Sig P229 SAS and a bunch of magazines & Galco leather for it
Some other stuff gotta give it some thought.
I'll have a comprehensive list and photos of everything by Sunday

·
The outer edge of civilization
15,684 Posts
I'm interested in the Sig P229 if you're serious about letting it go.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Finn M39 rifle, historic commie planter.....dang just can't swing it now or in the near future.☹😑😭

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
S&W 25-5 .45 Colt
Exc condition
If anyone fairly close to Norfolk wants to buy this with the ammo (about 200 rounds factory HP)
I can meet up since I don't know the rules about shipping ammo
otherwise, $700 900 with all the ammo & brass and bullets

Revolver Air gun Gun barrel Wood Trigger

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll throw in a brick of Wolf match target with the 41 .

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
S&W 25-5 .45 Colt
Exc condition
If anyone fairly close to Norfolk wants to buy this with the ammo (about 200 rounds factory HP)
I can meet up since I don't know the rules about shipping ammo
otherwise, $700 900 with all the ammo & brass and bullets

View attachment 170363
What year was it made? I see it has the pinned barrel, are the chambers recessed also?

Reactions: neophyte

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What year was it made? I see it has the pinned barrel, are the chambers recessed also?
1988. The 25 never had recessed chambers, that was for the old .357 mag revolvers, and that was finally deleted after the engineers decided it was not needed.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
1988. The 25 never had recessed chambers, that was for the old .357 mag revolvers, and that was finally deleted after the engineers decided it was not needed.
Actually, I think if you will check the recessed cylinder was on Smith and Wesson Magnum calibers until late in 1982. My 44 mag model 29, made in 1981 has the recessed cylinders, as well as my model 19 and model 65, Even my model 63 in 22 long rifle had the recessed cylinder and the pinned barrel and that is what make them valuable today. I just was not sure if they recessed them on the 45 Colt or not. It would not matter anyway if your gun was made in 1988, since the stopped that in late 1982.

You said your gun was made in 1988? Your picture at post 12 looked to me like it had the pinned barrel and that I why I asked. Here is a picture of one with a pinned barrel but obviously not the recessed cylinder. And a second picture with a longer barrel in which you can also see the barrel pin. The bottom picture is your gun. It sure looks to me like it has a pin in the barrel, maybe just my eyes. I am thinking if it does have the barrel pin that might add a little value to your gun. I would sure like to have it but just had a birthday and a reminder that I have health issues and need to be downsizing. Sure do like it though. Lucky for me I live a long way from you so no dropping by to look at it and think about it. LOL

Revolver Wood Air gun Trigger Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

Reactions: ncnascarlady
1 - 20 of 22 Posts