close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Perfect Guns ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: If they exist...What would you choose as your first round draft picks ? :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod: :assult:Why do you think they are perfect ?
    PS I predict the Glock, 1911A1 and the 870 will all make a good showing :nod:

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I know what your asking. But what a can of worms! I have my favorites as we all do, but don't believe in the perfect gun. They are made and used by humans who are not perfect. None the less, I'll play. I'm going over the wall on this one. Thinking "outside the box" (I hate that phrase!) I'll cast my vote for the muzzle loading flintlock. It has been around from the start and will continue to be around. If it wasn't close to perfect it would not be here today.
    OK, now everyone can tear me up ;)

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

You can get torn up on your own threads...Cans of worms are my specialty.
    You can even categorize them ...like perfect Mousegun, pump shotgun, etc

4. Perfect Gun

Standard disclaimers (no such animal) apply:

AK-47/AKM/AK-74, even I can work on them. If this isn't the simplest major issue firearm, the alternative is kind of scary. Apparently, even the smaller peoples of the world have no problem shooting them...

Whether we like it or not, Kalashnikov's design has had a greater impact on world history than any other. Browning is the only other designer that can be considered in this same light, IMHO.

Browning's strongest entry is probably the .50 BMG, not the 1911A1. The 1911A1 is awfully close to perfect as well.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

1911A1 , Match grade AR-15 , and Winchester Model 94 any cal. All simple easy guns to clean,shoot and work on. Time proven again,and again,and again...........

6. i have to agree with FEG, the kalashnikov is as close as they come to perfect.
    I also have to cast one in for the Model 1898 Mauser, as just about every modern bolt action is based off it.
    -Jesse

7. jerry

USA
    So, where's your "Senior Trouble Maker" claim at logansdad. did you feel you weren't earning it lately? I can bore plenty here with cans of worms stories and getting torn up scenerios. What do you think about the muzzle loading flintlock or any of the other fine opinions submitted thus far. Or is this a hit and run? :) The AK sure gets a nod. Does anyone think the AR18 could have reached equal status with the same proliferation as the AK?

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

the AR gets too dirty too fast...The AK is almost always built with inferior steels (Americans need to build it out of American steel) but an outstanding design...The Pump Shotgun is perfect.
    I have been slack as far as stirring up trouble lately...even though I'm trying to have everybody I know sign an online petition to revoke PETA's tax exempt status

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Oh yeah...don't get me started on the front loader...

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

The Glocks are perfect, Remington's 870 Marine is perfect, The Marlin 60 is perfect

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I prefer a 20" barrel on my 870, allowing an 8 shot mag tube and rifle sights. I shot an 870 Marine back in 1996 using #4 Buck, 3"mags. Had trouble with extraction and the recoil was BRUTAL. Found that the electroless nickel was accidently sprayed in the chamber, causing the extraction failure. Nice shotgun other than the chamber/extraction problem, which I'm sure isn't the norm.

Jesse

12. Armorer

Armorer Guest

I bet a guy once at a range that I could hit the 200 yard gong with every and any firearm there.

There were 11 different longarms. I hit at least 2 of 3 rounds with each firearm, Then the lot of us when to the local pub and drank up the $50 winnings.

Think about the moral of this story.

13. Ah come on--No such thing as perfect. Any thing that fire's a projectile and take's out the target. O.K.

14. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

Perfect gun - Pump Shotgun

Versitility of rounds - slugs, mini shells, birdshot, buckshot, incendianary rounds, light loads/magnum loads, cs/cn rounds, less than lethal(beanbags) etc etc etc

functionality - very reliable, time tested action.

many many numerous (lots) of accessorys

can be used in a lot of situations with just a slight change in rounds from opening doors - dove shooting - etc etc etc

And just the sound of racking a round alone on a dark nite is enough to make someone think twice.

I could go on but you get the idea.

(hey, wheres the shotgun smilies?)

15. jerry

USA
    when i was younger, i used to talk with my dad about the guns i would get when i got older. I always thought it odd he only had 1 shotgun or 2. He told me once. "All you need is a shotgun, you can kill anything on earth with it"
    Funny, that was 20 or so years ago. He is now the proud owner of a .44 pistol & .22 pistol. I was the typical kid, never listened and kept buying guns. ;)

16. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

How about Smith & Wesson revolvers ?...I think my Winchester 1300 Turkey 12 gauge with 22 inch barrel and Extra Full Winchoke is perfect !

17. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    I like the Shot gun Idea And the AK idea
    The model 94 winchester and 1911a1(Both pure Browning designed)
    Are close also
    The most perfect gun to me is......................well I like the
    M1 Garand.
    I will probably haver a different opinion tomorrow