close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rocky7, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I don't have a Debit Card, ever since they notified us that Debit Card Fraud had increased, and that settling a claim was a one to two month process.

I bank at a Local bank that knows me, and treats me like an honest citizen when I go in.

2. People who don't control their demon spawn brats in a store. I just got back from the store where there were packs of them running loose, screaming like banshees. To add insult to injury, I've got a pretty bad limp in both legs, and have trouble walking now which means I can't get out of the way quickly. Which means when the brats plow through me the parents do nothing.

There's one heathen who'll think twice now, though. He was the third one to come by and he got my very boney elbow right square in the ribs.

3. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

That is just an accent thing isn't it?:D:D

I hate calling into like AT&T, and that automated system ask for your phone number including area code. Then you enter your telephone number with area code, then finally navigate your way to an actual person to speak to. And what do they do, they ask for your phone number. The last time I told the lady that I wasn't giving her my phone number because I had already given it to the automated system and shouldn't have to give it to her again.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Ten Man, austinjoe13 and Jaison like this.
  4. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana

Must be wells fargo

5. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Removing Confederate monuments.

6. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

I miss the days when Moms would light up their kid's behind, right in the middle of the store, for not behavin.

7. Jaison

Jaison A tale of a forlorn trash panda Forum Contributor

Yonder
    It's crazy, really. Can't speak for other areas, but around here the kids almost always end up screaming and throwing hissy fits in restaurants, stores, movies...

Makes me wish paregoric was still available.

Blech!

TACAV likes this.
  8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yep and then the secondary problem is that lazy parents just stick a tablet or smart phone in front of their kid to mess around with to placate them....which then really screws up the whole family social interaction etc..

I always roll my eyes when Im in a restaurant and just see the entire family sitting there eating in silence with everyone on their smart phone texting or playing games etc and no one is talking to each other. :rolleyes:

And we wonder why people can't interact with anyone else anymore and actually hold a meaningful conversation/discussion in person... instead everyone just yells and screams and rants on like it's a real life version of facebook/twitter...

Charlottesville, VA being a great example.

9. Me, too! I remember being on the receiving end of the "Do you want me to pull your pants down and spank you right here in front of God and Everyone" threat. All it took was once, because I knew Mom would do it.

Now I make a point of complimenting the parents of well behaved young ladies and gentlemen in front of God and everyone. The parents and kids just preen with pride.

Those who have rampaging heathens glare at me when Hubby and I make comments about how we miss the days when kids had manners and knew how to behave in public.

Ten Man, Gun Junkie and CountryBoy like this.
  10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hmmmm, I could see a case where that could happen. Somebody that has your bank ID, and slips money into your account to launder it, only to have cash sent somewhere from your account so they can get clean money. Might leave you wondering WTF when you get your monthly statement.

Ten Man and CountryBoy like this.
  11. 'have a good one.'
    one what?

CountryBoy and Ten Man like this.
  12. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Sam Elliott - "Don't tell me what kind of one to have!" LOL!!

13. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

My daughter's half brother (my ex's kid by someone else) was complaining about his job. He is supposed to be saving up some money for college (which the state is paying for - room & board, tuition, and all study materials - at 100%!!!) He has no prior training or experience at anything. He got a job in the meat department at Hannaford's at $10.00/hour. He can work whatever hours he wants, up to 40 hours/week, but he's only working 8 to 16 "because it's hard to get into it". Complains because "they aren't paying him enough to wash meat trays and wait on customers and such, while the meat cutters don't have to wash the meat trays or do any 'hard stuff'. They have it easy in the back room just cutting and packaging meat all day".
    He's been living with my daughter's family all summer until he goes back to school. Supposed to pay $30/week but has paid nothing so far. He uses my daughter's car to get to work and run errands, but he never puts in gas.

Good grief!!!! Another Millennial that wants live on a couch and just hold his hand out waiting for the Bird of Prosperity to lay an egg in it!

CountryBoy, mauser9 and ncnascarlady like this.
  14. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

Sounds like that bird should $&!+ in his hand...:D

Junction15 likes this.
  15. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

The "parents" created that lazy bum.

CountryBoy and Junction15 like this.