close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rocky7, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Having traveled to many parts of the world, there are cultural differences as to how people eat and what they consider appropriate and polite. To them, we appear to be uncivilized and crude. I have learned to adapt whenever I go to a different country or to someone's home for dinner.

neophyte, CountryBoy and Moroco Mole like this.
  2. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Well, I'm pretty much the same way but I did happen to meet ONE person that I didn't hate and found quite tolerable, so I married her. :)

3. You're right. I'll amend my statement...

One of the signs of a civilized society is the ability to chew with the mouth closed unless the customs of the country you are in dictate otherwise.

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

One of my "PET PEEVES" is the peeps that do not take a commitment to their pets seriously. I know that people die, or become incapacitated and things like that leave some pets in dire predicaments that are sometimes just unavoidable. But I know from volunteering at a shelter and fostering about some people's very shallow relationships with their pets as well. They get a new unemployed or underemployed boyfriend to move in with them and "he is allergic to cats" so the cat has to go. Or the serial kitten or puppy adopters; when they get 6 or 8 months old and the "cuteness" factor is over with they are back at the shelter with some lame story about what happened to the long line of previous ones and wanting to adopt a little one again. And then we have a local non-profit that underwrites the adoptions for college students here in town. So when they graduate or go home for the summer a rather large percentage of them abandon the free cat or dog that was given to them. Or they adopt a cat that they are told eats only canned food and then they have a meltdown when they cannot force that cat to eat some cheapo dry food that is predominantly grains, even after starving them for weeks. Things like that are indeed some of my "Pet Peeves".

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM
  5. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

Folks that never get to the point in there conversation.
    They can talk for ever and never seem able to pin point the subject. Hard to stay focused

As some have noted , a person who "mumbles"
    and is a low talker is torture. Add a touch of back
    ground noise and the listener has no chance.

We have bike lanes in fl so they really bother me.

Country Boy : The older you get ....the stranger the
    sounds! The ever present Flatulence. :usa2:

neophyte, CountryBoy, mdj696 and 2 others like this.
  6. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

What about those people that talk on CBs or HAM Radios and drag out their words forever keeping the transmit button held down during the whole process....Weeellllllllllllllll Iiiiiii dooooonnnnnn'tttttt thinnnnkkkkkk Iiiiii caaaaannnnnnn taaaaaaakeee iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit muchhhhhhhhhhhhh looooooonnnnnnngerrrrrrrrrr, uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh andddddddddddd youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? That drives me up the wall.

neophyte, CountryBoy and Moroco Mole like this.
  7. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Dog Farts - OMG those silent killers just quietly surround you and suddenly there's instant realization you can't breathe (or don't want to breathe), the dog is between you and the escape route, AND they have that evil grin watching you react. Life hangs in the balance - can you escape in time or will you die trying to get to the door...

neophyte, ChaZam, CountryBoy and 4 others like this.
  8. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    People who blame their farts on the dog.:)

neophyte, ChaZam, Wicked109 and 2 others like this.
  9. Both my 1/2 wolves could clear stadiums with their farts. I seriously thought about trying to find a way to get the chemical make-up and send it to the military for "chemical warfare" use. Would have been perfect for clearing out ISIS strongholds.

Just imagine a fart so bad it felt like your eyes were bleeding :D

Coach, neophyte, CountryBoy and 3 others like this.
  10. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Truth be told, Maverick loves Egg Nog. What we didn't know was the fact that sometimes Egg Nog will trigger a nuclear scorched earth fart extravaganza of unimaginable proportions for a small dog. I found out the hard way when I was in my computer room doing some work with Maverick laying down near me. Man, did I learn real quick not to have him too close after he's had some Egg Nog.

11. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

When you open the dishwasher and it is half dirty dishes and half clean dishes.

When you open the dishwasher and 95.77243% of the silverware is in the very front slot of the 8 slots for silverware...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 12:13 AM
  12. Which is why we've divided up the chores of loading and unloading the dishwasher :) I load it, he runs and unloads it. Problem solved!

13. A recent appointment with an eye Doctor where I was
    shown into his consulting room, and an hour- later I had
    not seen him.
    I left the room and sat down with my wife in the waiting
    room, Fifteen minutes later the nurse comes for me and
    roused on me for leaving the room.
    I was not in a mood to be polite.:(

14. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Got there about 10 minutes early as usual. Waited for an HOUR in the waiting room, then another 20 minutes in the exam room.

Doctor buzzes in, I tell her what's going on, she pokes and prods and announces I need to go have x-rays and when she gets the report, she'll give me a call AS SHE BUZZES BACK OUT THE DOOR!!

Total time spent in the office...about 90 minutes. Time spent with doctor...barely 5 of those minutes.

Why in the @#$#$%^$#$^@% do doctor's offices overbook? And why are we expected to be on time or cancel at least 24 hours in advance or they'll hit our wallets for it when they over book and then think nothing of keeping us waiting for over an hour!?!??!

15. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

SELFIES...
    You know the ones. Those that some of the serial narcissist post 2 or 3 dozen times everyday.
    In almost all cases they are some of the most uncomplimentary pictures ever. I mean why would a decent looking man or woman post that many pictures of themselves that makes their face look like they borrowed Howard Stern's nose or maybe the nose of the late great comedian David Brenner. Then there are some that look like they have Jay Leno's jawline and chin and a forehead from a conehead. That's why I very seldom ever post a selfie unless I'm just trying to generate a little more hype about one of my foster kitties that I happen to be holding, and then I am just a prop that is serving a purpose. My double chin and midriff bulge, not so marketable. LOL

16. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    I've been know to have the ability to knock a buzzard off a sheetwagon myself!

austinjoe13 and ncnascarlady like this.