Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rocky7, Nov 29, 2016.

1. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

OR let's say it's a free standing drill press (example) they will take a pic of the power switch and maybe another one of the data plate you know the one all covered in dust and scratches to the point where you can't read it.

Moroco Mole and ChaZam like this.
  2. CountryBoy

Me too. Everytime I have listed something on there I get text messages telling me "I will buy it for this much, I need you address so I can have it picked up (pickup truck, ATV, Riding Mower) and so on. They will even answer your text back, but you can tell it's not a human. They are getting better at simulating a human though.

Moroco Mole likes this.

3. CountryBoy

It is a website for buying and selling literally anything. You can do a search in your state, usually the bigger cities will be listed to help narrow it down a little more, or you can search the whole country. They have several categories such as electronics, sporting goods (no firearms or ammo allowed), automobiles, automobile parts and such. They also have a services section where you can list your tree trimming business or auto repair or lawn care businesses. Just whatever small business you may have. It also has a personals section for men seeking women, men seeking men, and so on. I took some screenshots, but it won't let upload them at the moment.

Moroco Mole likes this.
  4. CountryBoy

Exactly...:D:D:D:D:D

ChaZam likes this.
  5. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Most states have littering laws, don't they? The police don't have to witness it as long as you are willing to follow through in court, if it comes to that. My wife saw a woman throwing trash out of her car, in a parking lot. She didn't say anything, merely pulled a piece of paper & a pen out of her purse & started writing & looking at the woman's license plate. The woman jumped out of her car & picked it up! :p

Ten Man, CountryBoy and ChaZam like this.
  6. Get Out

Get Out G&G Evangelist

Most people will pick up after themselves if you ask them to, but there are some that gets embarrassed because you called them on it and get a snarky attitude.

When I ride my bicycle on the forest roads I carry a foldable picker upper grabber for trash on the handlebar (Snake bite prevention). I'll stop to ask dog hunters if any luck to strike up a conversation and then transition to picking up cans and trash around their trucks, most will jump out and assist.

The game warden said his tactic was to ask anyone he made contact with to pick up any trash they saw if possible whenever he was checking their hunting or fishing licenses or just stopping for a meet and greet. He offered trash bags to hikers to carry on the trail if needed too.

7. A parent who can't or won't stand up for themselves to their dirt bag adult child and then wonder why the dirt bag continues to use and abuse them.

A family friend's dirt bag son dumped her 5 year old out of control grandson on her then took off with her car and cell phone. Friend can't seem to call the cops and report the car and phone stolen, despite the fact he's done this before and wrecked her car. Thankfully my mom was going to be getting there the following day or who knows what might have happened...

ItstheHOFF likes this.
  8. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    My folks farm got posted because of the so call sports men. they drove into a recently seeded field about a week after the grain started coming up.
    Left muddy ruts 4 to 6 inches deep and dumped their trash where they parked.

My dad was totally Pissed off about it construted a gate of lumber and put a chain and pad lock on it. the next day we spent the time posting a no hunting sign on ever post on the perimeter of the place.

I retired so was walking my dogs every morning and ecery evening. My visula was a mouthy bitch and had the tresspasser nailed up in a tree.
    When I finally got there he said to take my dogs and leave he was bow hunting deer. I told him he was tresspassing and I owned the property and he comenced to tell me I wasn't huinting it so what was the big deal.

He was right I wasn't bow hiunting the place I worked nights when he was. Had been for a few years and I didn't know because he hunted while I was working.

I finally took a picture of him called the sherriff and took him back there. We went to court Paid a fine and was back hunting my place the following fall. again I got his picturew called the sherrif and again he paid a fine. That finally stopped him from hunting my place but still tresspassed. claiming he was looking for a wounded animal. In michigan you need the land owners permission to look for a wounded animal.

I now have a no tresspassing sign of three types about every 15 feet around my property.

No we can't use purple paint here either.

:D Al

CountryBoy likes this.
  9. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Not only would I have taken a picture and gone to the sheriff but I would have made sure I ran my dogs through there every day that I could. especially if I could find him or others in the area. :D

10. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Stupid impeachment hearings!!

11. alleyyooper

Michigan
    I did and still do run my dogs thru there every day except during heavy down pours and sub zero weather. been nearly 20 years since i retired.

Is my property do as I pretty much please there. Like shoot my guns at my own range. I don't make sure there are no tresspassers.

Rocky7, Moroco Mole and CountryBoy like this.
  12. Get Out

Get Out G&G Evangelist

You should check to see if you can have their vehicle towed and impounded legally in the future if it's on your property?

ncnascarlady likes this.
  13. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    How about people who can't read? I was headed for the shower this morning when someone starts banging on the front of the house. I stick my head out of the master bedroom door, which goes out into the courtyard. Looking over the courtyard gate are two older folk.

"We're just going around the neighborhood asking people what they think the meaning of life is," the guy says.

"I don't talk to people who can't read." They are literally standing a foot away from a no soliciting sign. Under that is a sign that says "We don't care what your political party or church is, and we aren't interested in what you or your kid is selling. We know all our neighbors, and they are welcome here. The rest of you aren't."

14. Wolf7

Wolf7 G&G Evangelist

Florida
    I could write a Book.. but my most annoying Pet Peeve is simply restrictive Gun right and controls on law abiding, and Constitution loven Americans.

TXplt, Moroco Mole, Rocky7 and 2 others like this.
  15. tnmedic

tnmedic G&G Evangelist

I am a jerk, I would have fired up a chain saw and started cutting the tree he was in

16. alleyyooper

Michigan
    I did and still do run my dogs thru there every day except during heavy down pours and sub zero weather. been nearly 20 years since i retired.

Is my property do as I pretty much please there. Like shoot my guns at my own range. I don't make sure there are no tresspassers.

17. alleyyooper

Michigan
    I was walking my dogs and didn't have my chain saw with me.

tnmedic likes this.
  18. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Rest assured, they CAN read. They just consider that the sign applies to everyone else but THEM.

19. I was going to say it's not a matter of can't, it's a case of choosing not to.

Mindy up North and Moroco Mole like this.
  20. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    I almost stuck my head out the door and snapped "Up yours!".

Mindy up North and ncnascarlady like this.