Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Those Iceholes wanted to change a local (to me) town from Fishkill to something else. The brain trust at PETA were unaware that the kill part in Fishkill means creek or stream in Dutch. They received the same answer as the original post. By the way, I started my own division of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Those Iceholes wanted to change a local (to me) town from Fishkill to something else. The brain trust at PETA were unaware that the kill part in Fishkill means creek or stream in Dutch. They received the same answer as the original post. By the way, I started my own division of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.
I am tired of these Ahole groups abusing the system and their power trips. They want to get their couple minutes of fame and get off from destroying our world, culture and history as we have known. Peta,. tree huggers, BLM are all on the same level and are not good at all.

·
Registered
10,094 Posts
Shame of it is that some where back down the road, there was someone that had a legitimate concern about abuse of animals,such as torture, maiming them, etc. Problem is, when they have made progress in getting the real problems attended to, they have to start making up stuff to keep the $$ coming.:(

·
Registered
10,741 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
🤔 Why Yam Lake?
Do they grow yams there? :oops:
Nobody growing Yams that I’m aware of.

PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. "PETA envisions a new 'Yam Lake' that promotes kindness and healthy eating."

Newkirk also sent a photo of the lake southeast of Hwy. 65 and NE. Constance Boulevard, claiming it more closely resembles a tuber.

"When you think about it, Ham Lake looks more like a yam anyway, and yams are super-healthy foods high in fiber, potassium, manganese, and antioxidants — definitely something worth promoting," Newkirk wrote. "They also can boost brain health, reduce inflammation, and improve blood sugar control. They're extremely versatile, easy to prepare, and great to eat alone or include in both sweet and savory dishes.”

·
Registered
20,296 Posts
I took a creative writing class once, and I remember a guy getting kicked out of class for writing a post-apocalyptic dark-humor story. A group of survivors from PETA, who had been "liberating" a farm when the end of the world hit, were starving to death, and had decided it would be more humane to kill and eat each other than the delicious animals outside or any of the feed or vegetables that those animals needed to sustain themselves.

I never got to hear the end of the story before he was booted from the class, though.

·
Registered
10,094 Posts
"When you think about it, Ham Lake looks more like a yam anyway, and yams are super-healthy foods high in fiber, potassium, manganese, and antioxidants — definitely something worth promoting," Newkirk wrote. "They also can boost brain health, reduce inflammation, and improve blood sugar control. They're extremely versatile, easy to prepare, and great to eat alone or include in both sweet and savory dishes.”

So now they want all lakes named after vegetables??:rolleyes:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,482 Posts
I'm betting she really loves big long zuccinis. 🤪

1 - 20 of 20 Posts