close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Petition to revoke PETA's tax exempt status

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Why did you post this twice? I did sign it on your first post here.

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

It wasn't getting any responses...I thought it was because I left the word petition out of the original post title...I think it's a good cause.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, when I signed it, I mentioned it should be part of our anti terrorist efforts.

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I didn't set out to inconvenience anybody Klaus...I just wanted to get behind this issue

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It is a worthy cause, IMHO. Revoking tax exempt status probably doesn't go far enough.

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

It was all I had...

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I appreciate all the effort behind this...I want to thank everybody for signing & responding...so here is your official sincere Logansdad Thank You.

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Their big boys now alan, its okay,don't worry.Take a deep breath...ahhhhh :cheer:

10. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    WARNING WARNING
    I just got my computer back up. The Peta petition sight is Peta themselves they gave my PC A virus called jul.
    I dont know much about this stuff but it really whacked my system.
    DONT open ANY EMAIL From the petetition site
    I lost all my AOL stuff and was unable to log on to anything for a while.
    Had to Uninstall Reinstall a bunch of stuff.

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I checked the site out. It does look very suspicious. I traced the originator, and it seems to be a 16 year kid activist. He used to have a site called PETAA.com that was seems to have been shut down.

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have carefully reviewed the confirmation notice from the petition, and mine had no attachment, virus or otherwise. If there is a virus, it either comes from using the URLs listed in the email, or it could be one of the many that only can affect AOL users.

13. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    how effective/legit are on line petitions? They all seem a bit suspect to me. Has anyone had in depth experience in seeing one actually work? I know it is very hard to cross the t's and dot i's on a hand written type. it seems like fraud could run rampant on an on line petition subjecting it to scrutiny.

14. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I signed the petitition and had no problems at all.