close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PGCA gun show at the expo mart

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mjm90675, Apr 14, 2002.

1. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    I was wondering if anyone made it to the gun show and the monroeville expo mart? How it was compared to the old greengate shows.

2. NHM90

NHM90 G&G Newbie

A fraction of what the old show used to be.

No bulk ammo. Not more than 1 or 2 "assault" type semi-auto's on a table, most tables had none at all. There were few tables there, only a part of the Expo Mart was used. If they don't find another location for the show, it will not last much longer. I did manage to pick up a Russian Commercial Makarov for a good price.

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I agree, they need to relocate.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Wow, did a yahoo search for the show and this was the first result.

Anywho, I went there last weekend and boy was it interesting. Basically after an AD last show, the anti-gun Expo mart was trying to do everything they could to screw the show over. It started with a suit in court for early termination of their lease, which would be breach of contract. At the show, they pulled a surprise inspection ten minutes before the show opened which lasted nearly two hours, keeping loads of folks waiting in line and driving some to leave. For the rest of the day, the announcers were calling for the Expo personnel to open locked entrances and replenish bathroom supplies.

Seems the Expo's trying to screw with the PGCA because the courts didn't find in their favor. I believe a new location is in the works after an agreement on how much longer the show would be there.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The Libs never learn. Here is a group of folks engaging in a perfectly legal activity, generating income for the community, putting money into the location owner's pocket, bringing people together for a good time - and they have to try to ruin it!? IDIOTS. :...:

6. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Evangelist

Hope they left the place a mess, maybe a spray of bullets holes through the roof.