Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
City Council passed five gun control measures today that are expected to still face a legal challenges.
Mayor Nutter has said he will sign the bills into law. The five bills limit handgun purchases to one a month; require lost or stolen firearms to be reported to police within 24 hours; forbid individuals under protection from abuse orders from possessing guns if ordered by the court; allow removal of firearms from "persons posing a risk of imminent personal injury" to themselves or others, as determined by a judge; and outlaw the possession and sale certain assault weapons.

More...

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,686 Posts
Oh for F....... sake.....

Thank goodness PA has preemption. Hopefullly they can get this nipped in the bud. +1 AH -- they'd be tarred and feathered in most places in PA as well. "persons posing a risk of imminent personal injury" -- there's a specific test........I would guess that could be stretched to any person.

Someone needs to vote these buffoons out.

By the way, thanks GG

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Txplt I can imagine the uproar in Texas if something like this was passed into law there. WOW yall would storm the capitol LOL

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,686 Posts
You bet we would !!!!!

Have family in PA as well, but they're across in the "sane" area.......PA actually is pretty pro-gun in most places except for a few with inept demagogues for political "leaders." Fast eddie, IMHO, has been very bad for the state and a good example of the quintissential political hack.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Well, you folks in Texas can't Open Carry like we can in WA, AZ, PA, and VA (and many other states). If you carry, you have to conceal.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,686 Posts
That's true; but we can cc in a car without a permit. Anyhow, I'll certainly take RP over fast eddie (and alot of other GOV's) anyday.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
That's true; but we can cc in a car without a permit. Anyhow, I'll certainly take RP over fast eddie (and alot of other GOV's) anyday.
Trust me, I wish the non-governor wasn't in charge here (Gregoire-D)... My governor (Rossi-R) won twice over her, but lost in the "hand count" the third time they counted... because human hand-counts are so much more infallible than machine counts. :hitwithrock:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Open Carry in Washington

Are you dead bang sure we can carry in the open, in Washington, JAC??
Well, you folks in Texas can't Open Carry like we can in WA, AZ, PA, and VA (and many other states). If you carry, you have to conceal.
Disregard, JAC...I looked it up. I didn't know that. I always understood that we couldn't carry open. I think I'll keep muh Roscoe hidden, anyway. JB

·
Registered
2 Posts
new mexico

that sux whats going on in philly,over here anyone can carry an open weapon exept at a bar. u need a waiver to hide.u can get any assult weapon at any gun shop.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Now let me get this straight you can wear a holstered handgun on your belt exposed to all ?
That would be so much mode comfortable if I could wear open LOL

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,686 Posts
NM, PA, AZ (and WA as reported) all allow OC. First 3 without a permit; NM (and I believe AZ) allow gun in car like in your house i.e. without restriction. concealed and loaded or not as desired. Fairly common in AZ and NM (might spook the granolas at Santa Fe, but it's legal). It is legal in lots of states, most w/o permit. I'd check first, though.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Thank all of you for the good information.

It would be good if the people who voted for these restrictions, and all who approve of them could all live Philly. in their little Utopia and see how long it takes for their crime rate to jump up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts