close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pic of my 8mm Snipers

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by LOCKnLOAD, May 6, 2002.

1. Here is a pic of my bolt snipers to enjoy. Any comments please let me know, since all will be appreciated. Good way to test out new digital camera.
    :assult: :nod:

Attached Files:

2. Hans R Colt

Hans R Colt G&G Newbie

Cool Toys! Just what I'd need for long-term long-range happiness! At what distance have you shot the farthest?

I especially like your Jungle carbine!

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Did you buy it with the bent bolt and scope mount or add them on? Looks nice!

4. The farthest I have shot is 100 yards due to the length of the range that I use. I will go to the Ft. Dix army range this summer and be able to shoot out to 500m on their range.

The jungle carbine is a great gun to shoot. It shoot .308 nato and is actually very accurate. The best I have gotten with it is 2moa at 100yds.

Kicks a little more than I like but not as much as shooting 3inch magnum slugs trhu my pump mossberg.

Bob:

I bought the Turk rifle as issued in excellent condition. The original bolt I had worked on by the smiths at Navy Arms in NJ. The scope mount I worked on myself.

The mount is great since it does not require a drill and tap mounting, something I would not do since in my opinion ruins the rifle. The mount clamps completely around the barrel, so that means you have to remove some stock material on the inside of the stock whick is totally un-noticable from the outside.

I feel that I get the best of both worlds, a good accurate rifle and keep it military look with the ability to mount a good scope on it.

I currently have a 6.5-22x56 mounted on it.

Shoots great and the cost is as follows:
    Turkish 1903/38==>39.00
    Bend original bolt==>100.00
    Scope mount==>49.00

So for under 200 dollars I really have a nice mauser rifle that is a please to shoot and actually prefer to shoot over my 98k's.

Thanks and any other questions please let me know.

Marco

:target:

Last edited: May 8, 2002
  5. I have a Turk that I cleaned up and I think the action is as smooth as butter. It beats out the M-48 action. I cleaned it up and with some elbow grease its came out decent. Very accurate rifle.

6. I agree, the Turk action is indeed smoother than the M48's and even my ww2 K98s.

Could it be the Pre-WW1 armorors and their special skills. They say that usually all the pre-war rifles were indeed of great quality and smoothness.

:target:

7. I think the quality is superior to the M-48. The M-48 is kinda rough, though it is rugged and very dependable and able to take lots of abuse. The Turk to me is a very accurate rifle, more than the M48. It has to be the craftsmanship.

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I THINK YOU HAVE TOO MANY. I WILL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS SO YOU CAN SEND ME ONE! LOL! NICE GUNS!

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

SEND THEM ALL AND I'LL PICK WHICH ONE I LIKE THE MOST AND SEND THE REST BACK!...NO REALLY, I WILL...REALLY!... WELL OK IT'LL PROBABLY TAKE A WHILE AND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THINGS GET LOST ENROUTE,BUT THATS NOT MY FAULT!!!