close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pic of my Range Buddies

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by LOCKnLOAD, May 6, 2002.

1. Here is a pic of my range buddies. Good pic with new digital camera. All questions and comments welcomed.

:assult: :nod:

Attached Files:

• semi.jpg
      semi.jpg
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 6, 2002
  2. That's a great group of freinds.

3. KidKwiK

KidKwiK G&G Newbie

Always keep your freinds close :)

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    The best kind of friends there are...period. And remember, you can never have too many friends. Good Shooting! Eric

5. giguy

giguy G&G Newbie

just five????what do you do after 9:00 a.m.????

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

That has got to be the most modified SKS I ever saw. What's with the vinyl electrical tape on the AK? Is that an AKM variant or 74?

7. Klaus,

The AK is a Norinco, and the tape is for better gripping for my hand. As far as the SKS, there are 7 items that I put on it. I was messing around one day and I wanted to put a bipod on the sks, mainly because that particular one shoots 1.5" at 100yds. I had a norinco bipod around that was used for an AK, but I took it off the AK and "smithed" it to fit on the SKS . I had to take the bayonet mount off though so it would rest properly. I actually worked out pretty nice.

The only thing I regret is taking the bayonet lug down, otherwise I will replace it if I want to restore the original parts that came with the SKS.

THe SKS ...btw...is a brand new unissued Romanian, cept it has about 300 rds thru it. I am actually very pleased with the results of my modifications. They make the gun look a little like a M14 somewhat.

Anyway, good gun to shoot and loves to eats an all wolf ammo diet.

GIGUY:

After 9am of the weekdays I usually am at work. It is amazing how easy some of this gunsmithing it provided you have the proper tooling, patience and ability to follow directions.

8. Can your friends come out and play?? Wouldnt mind meeting them. How do you like the M1A?

Ltcboy

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

What are ya? Some kind of gun nut? lol...

10. NRAJOE:

Gun nut...?

Far from it. Actually more like a collector. I mostly collect military bolt action rifles, but have semis as well. I have been shooting rifle for about25 years or so, and continued with handguns during my stint in the Navy. I am definately pro-NRA and wish there were less liberalism in this nation regarding that topic, because many people forget that this country was based and founded on firearms usage.

Personally if there is something that I am a nut about it is precision shooting, and since I look as being a collector to being a hobby of some sort, I try to make some crappy shooting rifles shoot as well as possible.

That is what makes the hobby a good safe sport for me personally, and being a good shot when shooting for score saves on ammo too.

One thing I am pretty amazed though, is that my Norinco AK can consistantly shoot under 2moa at 100yrs, most often shooting 1.5moa. Pretty good from a gun that is not supposed to do that from all I read about it. My SKA does about the same except the trigger is a little more sloppy, the AK trigger is very similiar to match grade.