Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up a 9mm that I've been needing for a while now. It's a 1st generation Glock 17. It came with two 17 round Glock mags, cleaning kit, and a manual. According to the serial # it was made in March of '86 and has factory adjustable sights. The barrel looks good and all #'s match. The Glock and 500 rounds of American Eagle ammo came to like $465. I don't think I did to bad. Best part is, no paperwork... :burnout:

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheaper Than Dirt has Glock 17 factory 17 round mags for just over $20. I might order 2 or 3 more this week.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
try cdnn, i havent looked in a while, but you should be able to get factory 17 rounders for about 16-17$. natchess usually has them on sale also.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Nice 1st generation G17! When was it built?
I recently picked up a 2nd generation G17 with a few 17 rounds mags.
I picked up two G18 mags for it just last week.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rex, if I'm reading the serial # right, March of '86. And to avoid the same confusion I had on another forum, I payed $380 for the gun and $85 for the ammo at another booth.

·
Registered
879 Posts
G17

Rex, if I'm reading the serial # right, March of '86.
And to avoid the same confusion I had on another forum, I payed $380 for the gun and $85 for the ammo at another booth.
You can get a build date HERE
Yeah, I just read the replies over there.
Don't worry, you did just fine.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Good deal on a good gun. I like the 1st gen a lot. Good carry weapon.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Personally, the 17 is one of my favorite Glock models. I also like the long slide version as well as the model 34. It is one of my short list items to acquire. One by one, I am picking them up and crossing them off the list. Two were crossed off this week.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, almost forgot. My wife and I got to meet R. Lee Ermey today at the NGD show in Louisville. He was really cool, talked to us both, and she got a signed picture of him made out to her.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
LOL, it really was cool. Plus we had the navigator from the Enola Gay there also to meet. At least I think it was the navigator.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts