Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to encourage a panic buy or to create a run on parts, just a friendly public service announcement.

Midway usa currently has complete bolt assemblies( the bolt, not the BCG) for $50, I picked up one of those, a spare firing pin, and spare cam pin for $65. this was the best deal I could find from a reputable source. this will work with all my 5.56 or .300 blk uppers/ carriers, I figured with the threat to online gun parts sales, it may be a good idea to go ahead and get one as a back up. I highly doubt the actual carrier is going to wear out and at first i was going to get all the little spare parts, extractor, ejector springs etc, but i figured just the a complete bolt as a spare and call it done. with the threat of bans i figure ill want to keep what i can running as long as possible.

PSA only has fn bolts in stock for $125, so this seemed like something worth jumping on:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I've got a spare bolt and accompanying parts, have been searching for a stripped carrier with luck. Complete BCG"s are around $150 it appears now.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a spare bolt and accompanying parts, have been searching for a stripped carrier with luck. Complete BCG"s are around $150 it appears now.
Im still not finding any good deals on bolt carriers. not a huge deal but it'd be nice to have one for the spare bolt to live in!

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,399 Posts
Im still not finding any good deals on bolt carriers. not a huge deal but it'd be nice to have one for the spare bolt to live in!
FWIW, I've never seen a bolt carrier fail (although I'm sure it's happened). I HAVE seen bolts fail (usually a bolt lug).

Reactions: MosinRuger
1 - 5 of 5 Posts