close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger Picked up an LCP today

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by Jaison, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Jaison

Jaison They who choose safety over liberty gain neither Forum Contributor

Yonder
    It was a good day in Hooville. Picked up an SKS and my first real pocket pistol.

The LCP has been a goal for awhile, but it was only a 'want' not a need.

After doing some research on the modern .380 rounds, I'm pretty confident in using it as a deep CC gun. There are places I go in my job that my regular XD9sc is too big and...unwelcome.

The little ol' LCP ought to make this mountain boy a lot more comfortable.

Hope to take it to the range this weekend for some snappy hole punching and SD round testing.

TACAV, mauser9, minkowski1552 and 6 others like this.
  2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Congrats.
    They are good little guns.
    The Uncle Mikes size # 10 are perfect holsters.

3. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The LCP is a pretty decent little pocket pistol. I've got one and it is pretty easy to stick in a front or back pocket in a pair of Wranglers or a pocket on a jacket or coat. As with all little guns it is not really fun to shoot, but the LCP is easier than a lot of them. Decent accuracy to for a little gun with pretty rudimentary sights. My estimation is that it offers a lot of bang for the bucks. Interested to see how you feel about your after a little use.

neophyte and Jaison like this.
  4. Jaison

Yonder
    Excellent, Griz. That's the very holster I picked up. Looking forward to training with it. Now I have to figure out whether to front pocket or back pocket this rascal.

I had a Bersa Thunder Combat .380 that shot great, but this little guy will definitely have more snap. Picked up a few boxes of fmj and SD to dance with soon.

It came with a Hogue grip that feels perfect. Really makes a difference on that little grip.

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  5. I like my lcp and it doesnt bother me any more than all my other handguns to shoot.
    Pretty accurate too

ChaZam and Jaison like this.
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Jaison: Sir, I carry; front-back-jacket-sweats-shorts Raspberry LCP; ordered when they came available:) Chased golf balls @5yds; 25yd target and 50yd giggles :)
    The most comfortable carry :)

ChaZam likes this.
  7. Jaison

Yonder
    That's impressive and sounds like fun, neophyte! Quality shots like that with a short barrel and vestigial sights.

You and billy's .380 shooting skills (re: billy's distance shots last year) are making me want to check out what skills await this ol' mountain boy.:)

billy, neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  8. Its not that hard
    But you DO hafta stick yer tongue out the side just right

Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  9. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I used to have a Ruger LC380 which was a little bit larger. It was a good gun but I was looking for something a little bit smaller for pocket carry. Right now, I'm carrying a Kimber Micro, but I may break down someday and get an LCP II. They say the trigger has been improved quite a bit.

10. I like the trigger on the custom
    Never owned the original so i have nothing to compare it to

11. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

image.jpeg Jaison: Sir, I use no tongue :) I do squint my one good eye :) hahaha many times tied to a string

12. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I got a Ruger LCP with the built in laser.

Jaison, ChaZam and neophyte like this.
  13. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The trigger on the regular LCP isn't really too bad for a micro compact concealed carry pocket gun. It's better than a lot of similar CC firearms.

Jaison and neophyte like this.
  14. Jaison

Yonder
    I'm getting used to the trigger and see why it's a good feature. With no safety, the long pull requires a commitment.

Not saying adrenaline can't overcome the pull, but it doesn't take long to anticipate and work with the pull rather than against it.

This little pocket gun is becoming a sweet sidekick.

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  15. I picked up an lcpCustom a few weeks ago and I'm liking it. It fixed the little gripes I had about the standard lcp I owned (sights and trigger).

I haven't tried It at any real distance yet but it is "head triangle" accurate at 7 yards I do know. It's easier to shoot well than my old lcp, with that one I had to hold my mouth just right and REALLY concentrate on my grip and trigger pull. This one has a little more wiggle room for error.

Congrats on the new option in your carry gear, the lcps make great backup guns, they carry like a pocketknife, will fit in any attire and you can forget you have it on until you need it.

7-9 yards, with Perfecta ammo

Screenshot_2017-03-09-08-54-41-1.png

I only have about 75 rounds thru it, with no malfunctions yet. I need to shoot it more and test some carry ammo. So far I've just shot fmj thru it.

Jaison and neophyte like this.
  16. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

It would depend on your daily activities.

If I "pocket" a pistol, I prefer back pocket, because it is easier to physically remove the pistol from that position, whether standing or sitting. After all, if you can't rapidly deploy it, there isn't much point in carrying it.

Also, there is less chance of sticking something in the pocket with it, that would interfere, or trip the trigger.