Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was able to take my daughter this time. it was her first time shooting. other than a couple shots with her cousins shotgun, and she loved it.

fell right in too, after a little guidance on connect the dots and making the line follow down the barrel to the target...

and she was a natural...( like her dad ). :sasmokin:well see for yourself...

the target is a 5" patch at 25 yards. the small holes are hers with the .22 Rossi, and the big holes (of course) are my .44. (second time sighting my scope in) i was sighting on another 5" dot at 50 yards, this was just me checking on how i would do on a closer target. by the time i think i'm close to having it i run out of bullets.(but thats over now though....check out the reloading forum- "pics from the first batch"), still need somewhere closer to home though. we want to do it way more often. i love the kids being involved, it makes all the difference. especially when they love it so much.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Great pictures.a young lady enjoying freedom.Thanks for posting. samuel.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Dceptive, it is heart-warming to see the kids getting involved, you are doing a good job, keep it up

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
congrats! thats great! cute kid too:veryhappy:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Good pictures. Always good to see a young un learning the sport.

How do you like that Rossi? I bought the youth model .22LR/20GA combo. It looks alot like that, except wood stock and blued.

He's only 2 1/2 so he hasn't fired it yet. :scool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.22guy, i love the Rossi, the .22 has so minimal recoil that it's like not shooting at all some times. which is great for the kids getting into shooting without being afraid of them?

and thanks to everyone for their post. that my baby girl right there. the only girl i love more than my wife!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Way to go! Teach them while they're young and they'll be a fan all their lives.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I might nominate you for Father of the Year! Thanks for being involved with your kids and teaching them that guns aren't evil or to be feared. You've got a couple of great looking kids there.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
.22guy, i love the Rossi, the .22 has so minimal recoil that it's like not shooting at all some times. which is great for the kids getting into shooting without being afraid of them?
and thanks to everyone for their post. that my baby girl right there. the only girl i love more than my wife!
Cool, sounds like it will work out OK for my boy. Keep that girl shootin! :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was at the range the other day and saw a couple who had their son there, who was barely able to walk (I don't remember how many months he was). they let him fire a muzzle loading pistol that they had (Caps only of course) and that kid absolutely loved the sound those caps made (didn't mind the other rifles going off either). He also had a death grip on that thing, woulden't put it down for a second.:09:

I love seeing kids at the range, their just so lucky to get to shoot guns at that age.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's great! I remember going with my dad. he believed in shotguns only. I didn't get other experience untill later in life.

Looking at the pics closely, is your daughter left eye dominant? I read something on a post here about it, but can't find it now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
you know moss500bantam since i'm behind her most of the time when we're shooting, i hadn't noticed yet. thanks for that. i'm going to see if she does shoot different right eyed. i know when we go skateboarding she skates goofy footed(opposite of how she should being a right handed person). but those glasses she's has on are prescription,so with shooting it may just be that she sees better out of that eye.

oh, and zephri, yea my kids aren't scared even by my .44. but i know most of the women and kids at the range are! the hawk makes even MY wife twitch. i was just pointing out it would be a good gun for kids that are noise sensitive.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
They were using caps only, for safety reasons (this kid is still a baby ya know!) he could barely lift the gun so his parents had to hold it with him. They wern't actually shooting anything out of it, they were just using the caps for a noise maker effect.

BTW this kid wasen't scared at all of my m38's muzzle blast, or any other guns for that matter, and I wasen't replying to the post above in my other post, but all kids i've seen at the range love the really loud guns!

·
Registered
430 Posts
You can check cross eye dominance by this excercise.

Have the person with both eyes open pick a spot on the wall with the index finger of the dominant hand.

Have them close one eye at a time, the eye that the finger stays on is the dominant eye.

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
:welcome: I know I'm late but this is cute.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can check cross eye dominance by this excercise.

Have the person with both eyes open pick a spot on the wall with the index finger of the dominant hand.

Have them close one eye at a time, the eye that the finger stays on is the dominant eye.
asked her about it and she said she had fixed it herself realizing after i took the pic she had been looking at it wrong!

---------------------------------
and thanks TexasT

·
Registered
234 Posts
dceptive. I know I came in a little late but I just had to say what a wondeful thing you have going with your daughter, plus she is a smart little cookie to relize what she was doing wrong and to fix it on her own, I too have a daughter and she is 7, she has no real interest in my firearms but last year she did ask to go to the range with me one day. While there she asked if she could shoot my little gun, at the time I had a Sig maskito 22lr pistol, so I loaded and we put on our safty equipment and I went over the do's and don'ts with her, then she held the gun and I knelt behind her and placed my hand over hers and let her pull the trigger. she fired only once and then said that was all she just wanted to try it, it is a monent I will never forget, I applaud her for her courage to give it that one try and for giveing me that memory, and I hope she carries that sense of adventure to give something that one try with her throughout her life, If she does I think she will exsperience a great many wonderful things. I appologize for rambleing but I am a proud papa and dceptives pics and story were very inspireing. so to all you fathers out there who are true MEN and DADDIES:35::35::35::35::35:

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
The 2 nd

Being handed down to the next generation, outstanding!
Take your kid hunting, and you'll never have to hunt for your kid. :approve:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts