Pics of my Mosins

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ericpolo, May 12, 2008.

1. ericpolo

ericpolo Guest

Hi, new guy here!

Been lurking here a while and decided to post a few pictures of my Mosin Nagants.

Just received the laminated M44 (1945) on Friday from AIM Surplus.

I have had the 91/30 (1942) for a little over a year.

ericpolo

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

2 Fine looking Mosins you have !
    Rich

3. +1!

2 Good looking Mosins!

4. Agreed! Two bueatys! Nice lil shop set-up too. lol Welcome to Gun and Game, we always need more members suffering from the Mosinitis bug, hope you enjoy!

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Welcome to G&G! Nice rifles you have there! Be sure you add them to the thread "Mosin Nagant Roll Call".

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  6. Clean-looking 91/30, especially for a 1942. Thanks for posting; we can never have too much gun pron....

7. ericpolo

ericpolo Guest

Thanks for the responses and welcome to the site. I'll add to the roll-call thread, too.

I shot some Czechoslovakian ammo through the M44 on Saturday. This resulted in some "sticky-bolt" syndrome. I guess I need to give the chamber a good scrubbing. Any other ideas?

8. SwedeSteve

Just keep cleaning that chamber, and you'll be fne.

9. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

nice lookin mosins!! i liket he stock on the m44. its perdy!

10. SwedeSteve

I like turtles.............in my soup!

11. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

^ is it good? ive never had it..............i mean..... hey! leave those tutles alone!!

12. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

That's nice Czech Silvertip you have there. I found that no matter how much cleaning I did to my mosin chambers, that stuff just kept sticking. I'm wondering if it's the ammo. It doesn't stick all that bad, but it does stick enough that I've become proficient at the "knob-cock" movement to pre-cock the safety to open the bolt.

13. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

JAC, it could be the lacquer on the ammo cases. Especially, if you have taken a bore brush and a drill to the chamber. I found that hitting the chamber real well with brake cleaner or gun scrubber does wonders. I put the soda straw on the nozzle and make sure that the straw never leaves the chamber. I spray 360 and then follow with Hoppes and patches.