Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
I could never understand why they call them Gun Buy Back, the state, city county never owned them, they were privately owned. How is it that the entity doing the "buy back" does not have to be licensed? I know when they do them in CT it is no questions asked, how is it that unlicensed individuals can carry a pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with out a permit but only if they are going to the "buy back". IMHO these "buy backs" are nothing more than a publicity stunt

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
I'm sure those "buy back" events generate some interesting stuff from time to time...
Indeed, here in CT there was a woman who's father was a WWII vet he had an STG44 brought back and legally registered under the '68 amnesty. He passed away and the daughter knew nothing....she brought it to a "buy back" ....it is worth a lot of $$..they took it and I am not sure of the settlement

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
21,067 Posts
I could never understand why they call them Gun Buy Back, the state, city county never owned them, they were privately owned. How is it that the entity doing the "buy back" does not have to be licensed? I know when they do them in CT it is no questions asked, how is it that unlicensed individuals can carry a pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with out a permit but only if they are going to the "buy back". IMHO these "buy backs" are nothing more than a publicity stunt
Like 'gun violence' it's a propaganda term. The state never 'bought' them so has no inherent right to them. They COULD negotiate and pay a price just like anyone else for a firearm a person wishes to sell.

The term 'buy back' implies that somehow the state owned them in the first place. Which they didn't.

So it's more psychological conditioning and rhetoric. The idea being that weak minded people accept their premise to gradually shift the narrative more anti-gun. The "Federal Takeover of Elections and illegal alien voting act" (aka the "stuff the ballot box" act) is called the "For the People Act" (or "voting rights act").

Not to get too gross but it's kinda like putting a turd in a box and labeling the box "highest quality processed food."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts